• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which Senatorial Candidate has the best position on gun rights and the 2A?

va_tazdad

Since it seems so often for anyone disagreeing with the current president and those that support him is called RACISM, would him exercising his VETO power also be RACIST?

I doubt we will ever know as he has never seen a tax increase, or an anti-gun bill he didn't like. I doubt he can even spell veto.

Old Virginia Joe

Gillespie VCDL survey visit in NNews

I saw a Gillespie office that has popped up in a strip shopping center in Newport News, on Warwick Blvd near CNU, yesterday. I went in to ask them why he has ignored the VCDL and decided not to submit his 2A survey. The office was manned by a pleasant 85 year old gentleman and a very young man, probably a late teen. They knew nothing about the VCDL and were lost to the concept of political candidate surveys by special interest groups. I explained it all, and asked if they had a method of getting voter concern to the candidate. They had nothing. I finally got them to agree to pass on a written note from me to the candidate, if they ever meet him, so I wrote my concern on the back of a flier, and left it with them. He asked me if I wanted a sign for my yard, and I said, "when I see him speak strongly on 2A or illegal immigration, I will consider it, not before then." He said, "that's how the Democrats win." I said, "oh, well, better a real democrat than a RINO who just ACTS like a Democrat."

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I saw a Gillespie office that has popped up in a strip shopping center in Newport News, on Warwick Blvd near CNU, yesterday. I went in to ask them why he has ignored the VCDL and decided not to submit his 2A survey. The office was manned by a pleasant 85 year old gentleman and a very young man, probably a late teen. They knew nothing about the VCDL and were lost to the concept of political candidate surveys by special interest groups. I explained it all, and asked if they had a method of getting voter concern to the candidate. They had nothing. I finally got them to agree to pass on a written note from me to the candidate, if they ever meet him, so I wrote my concern on the back of a flier, and left it with them. He asked me if I wanted a sign for my yard, and I said, "when I see him speak strongly on 2A or illegal immigration, I will consider it, not before then." He said, "that's how the Democrats win." I said, "oh, well, better a real democrat than a RINO who just ACTS like a Democrat."

One of the facebook gun boards I follow had a Gillespie shill. I asked why he had ignored the survey. The campaign did not, of course, answer, but the person who posted, and who "has a contact over there" asked the question. Crickets.

ETA: I always respond to that logic with "I don't care what party wins, I care what rights my representative will support." It usually causes diarrhea of the mouth about why "the other guys" are so bad.

Last edited:

Marco

Marco --

Thanks for contacting us about the Second Amendment and gun rights.

As Virginia’s senator, Ed Gillespie would oppose efforts to infringe upon our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, which is an individual right. He would not vote in favor of treaties that would cede firearm regulation to international bodies like the United Nations, in violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Senator Warner voted against the bi-partisan Senate rejection of the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty which could undermine our Second Amendment rights and infringe on U.S. sovereignty. Ed would have stood up for our Second Amendment Constitutional right.

Ed has earned the NRA’s endorsement in the Virginia Senate race and has received the highest rating they can give. Click here to read the NRA’s letter, which thanks Ed for his “steadfast support of the Second Amendment.”

Ed opposes the “universal” background check system, any United Nations’ or other global organization’s attempts to restrict our Second Amendment rights, and supports concealed carry reciprocity.

Senator Warner, on the other hand, has campaigned with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has also financially supported his campaign.

This November, join me in supporting Ed Gillespie, who will stand up for us and our Constitutional rights in the United States Senate. Click here to join “Sportsmen for Ed” and see what others are saying about Ed’s support for the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Sandy Liddy Bourne
Coalitions Director
Ed Gillespie for Senate

This email was sent to: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

This is the response I received as to why the VCDL SURVEY HAD NOT BEEN REPLIED TO.
My question was never answered, like a true politician.

Last edited:

tritonguy

Marco --

As Virginia’s senator, Ed Gillespie would oppose efforts to infringe upon our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms, which is an individual right. He would not vote in favor of treaties that would cede firearm regulation to international bodies like the United Nations, in violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Senator Warner voted against the bi-partisan Senate rejection of the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty which could undermine our Second Amendment rights and infringe on U.S. sovereignty. Ed would have stood up for our Second Amendment Constitutional right.

Ed has earned the NRA’s endorsement in the Virginia Senate race and has received the highest rating they can give. Click here to read the NRA’s letter, which thanks Ed for his “steadfast support of the Second Amendment.”

Ed opposes the “universal” background check system, any United Nations’ or other global organization’s attempts to restrict our Second Amendment rights, and supports concealed carry reciprocity.

Senator Warner, on the other hand, has campaigned with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has also financially supported his campaign.

This November, join me in supporting Ed Gillespie, who will stand up for us and our Constitutional rights in the United States Senate. Click here to join “Sportsmen for Ed” and see what others are saying about Ed’s support for the Second Amendment.

Sincerely,

Sandy Liddy Bourne
Coalitions Director
Ed Gillespie for Senate

This email was sent to: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com

This is the response I received as to why the VCDL SURVEY HAD NOT BEEN REPLIED TO.

I received the same response. I sent a return email that said "So why won't he send in his VCDL survey?"

Repeater

Marco --

<Blah Blah>

Like a true Virginia RINO, Big Ed has Tucker Martin as a trusted communications consultant. See here:

25.jpg

Caption: Pre-debate in the hallway with News-Virginian political reporter Bob Stuart, former McDonnell communications director Tucker Martin, and Ed Gillespie.

Ed unfortunately has no credibility on Second Amendment issues ...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
When I called the campaign headquarters about the issue, I got a non-answer. When I specifically said "So you are not going to answer my question?" the volunteer said "no" and then hung up on me.

What does that say about him?

It leaves us with some disgusting choices:
- Vote for the noted gun-grabber
- Vote for the probable gun-grabber (whenever it might get him something else he wants) who won't be transparent
- Vote for the guy who claims to be solidly pro-gun, who hasn't a snowball's chance in hell to win, in order to get his party on future ballots without a goat rope
- Write in
- Don't vote

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
- Vote for the probable gun-grabber (whenever it might get him something else he wants) who won't be transparent
- Vote for the guy who claims to be solidly pro-gun, who hasn't a snowball's chance in hell to win, in order to get his party on future ballots without a goat rope
- Write in
- Don't vote

Only the top two are really disgusting. :p

The bottom two are kinda meh... Inoffensive for sure, but not especially motivating. In my estimation, any change derived from votes will have to come from option 3, although it's perhaps a long row to hoe. At least option 3 might get discussion going, and options on the table. As it stands, politics is a urinating match between two teams whose only play is an appeal to hate.

Last edited:

Thundar

When I called the campaign headquarters about the issue, I got a non-answer. When I specifically said "So you are not going to answer my question?" the volunteer said "no" and then hung up on me.

What does that say about him?

- Write in
- Don't vote

Tess,

You are a straight arrow, so do you really think Gillespie has a snowballs chance in hell of winning?

A vote for Sarvis is not a vote for ballot access. It is a vote for a true pro gun candidate. Sarvis' claims about being pro gun are real. I have had long conversations with him and even shared a meal (burritos, nachos and beer) with him. Read his webpage about gun rights. The reasoning is far beyond the blathering of most politicians. His father committed suicide with a gun. He puts the blame for gun violence where it belongs, on the broken government dominated healthcare system. Think about it. He does not blame the tool (a gun) for the tragedy. He uses logic, not emotion to identify the problem.

A vote for Gillespie is a wasted vote. I recommend you vote for Sarvis. He has worked hard to get on the ballot and he has articulated the most pro gun position in the race.

Repeater

Tess,

You are a straight arrow, so do you really think Gillespie has a snowballs chance in hell of winning?

Gillespie quits.

Well, not that he would ever admit he's a loser, but seriously ...

Virginia Republican Ed Gillespie to stop running campaign ads
Ed Gillespie, one of the Republican establishment's most respected advisers and powerful fundraisers, badly trails in the race for campaign cash and has asked television stations to stop running his ads for Senate with just three weeks left before Election Day.

The financial struggles of Gillespie's campaign are something of a surprise.

Why is his struggle a surprise? Is anyone here surprised?

GOP Candidate Ed Gillespie Ditches Ads In Virginia Senate Race
Should Gillespie lose, he would be positioned to run for governor in 2017. Virginia bans governors from seeking back-to-back terms, meaning Gillespie would not be challenging an incumbent.

What a bad idea. I condemn the Convention for choosing a "safe" choice over a real choice, Shak Hill.

Fools.