• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kroger staying the course in regards to Open Carry!

Plan B

Banned
Time and place my friend, tact is a big part of OC.

I'm cracking up right now because on Wednesday, I visited two Krogers stores and spoke with the management. I gave them the heads up like I said. A few minutes ago, I'm on Facebook, and I see on the Every town For Gun Safety page, a guy in an NRA hat, holding a baby, and an AR 15. You should see the comments, they actually believe he is one of us.

Those managers are going to be in a meeting shortly, and doubtless, this open carry thing is going to come up. These managers are going to be able to say that some gun guy came in and predicted that this would happen. Credibility is king.

https://www.facebook.com/EverytownU...9798029121030/535213869912777/?type=1&fref=nf

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

I am coming to the conclusion that many of these sightings are STAGED for the benefit of Bloombergs minions. We tell the truth, they lie & use propaganda! Guess who gets all the medias attention? Hint...not us. :(

FTG-05

I am coming to the conclusion that many of these sightings are STAGED for the benefit of Bloombergs minions. We tell the truth, they lie & use propaganda! Guess who gets all the medias attention? Hint...not us. :(

THAT is why it's so important to OC and OC everywhere you can - the heck with "tact"; just another word for "reasonable" or "common sense" or..... whatever, you get the point.

The more that people see OCers, the more that they will see that the media is lying to them!

Plan B

Banned

I've been trying to tell people this, and they look at me like I should be wearing a tinfoil hat. Same thing happens when I try to tell people that there is something wrong when the people are trained to trust the police, while the police are trained not to trust the person. Some people even get angry with me, others ostracize and even others try to take vengeance on me in some form or another when I say such things.

THAT is why it's so important to OC and OC everywhere you can - the heck with "tact"; just another word for "reasonable" or "common sense" or..... whatever, you get the point.

The more that people see OCers, the more that they will see that the media is lying to them!

I think we need to be more effective at communicating with the big wigs. We have done marvelously on the streets with the everyday joe, while the enemies of gun rights have been hammering the places people shopped.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I ran into a guy this weekend who said it was a friend of his who had his picture taken with a longarm in a Kroger while holding a baby.

You can imagine what I told him he ought to tell his friend. :banghead:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

I've been thinking the same thing. Who are these guys? How can you be aware enough of things to be OCing an AR into Kroger, and yet not be aware enough to recall how that backfired miserably with Starbucks et al? The gun community at large seems to have come down pretty hard on long gun OC in public outside of places like Texas, etc. I never hear anybody advocating this, or talking about doing similar things.

And yet we see these convenient photos all the time. And that NRA hat – it's too pat. The NRA isn't even a particularly pro-OC organization; what long gun OCer reps the NRA that hard?

The antis have made it explicit that their strategy (having failed in the legislatures) going forward is to have carry banned by as many businesses as possible. Given the immense fortunes subsidizing the gun control advocacy apparatus, is there any reason to expect they wouldn't pay dudes to do this sort of thing? Their strategy won't get off the ground if someone doesn't give them a photo-op.

Last edited:

The Truth

Time and place my friend, tact is a big part of OC.

I'm cracking up right now because on Wednesday, I visited two Krogers stores and spoke with the management. I gave them the heads up like I said. A few minutes ago, I'm on Facebook, and I see on the Every town For Gun Safety page, a guy in an NRA hat, holding a baby, and an AR 15. You should see the comments, they actually believe he is one of us.

Those managers are going to be in a meeting shortly, and doubtless, this open carry thing is going to come up. These managers are going to be able to say that some gun guy came in and predicted that this would happen. Credibility is king.

https://www.facebook.com/EverytownU...9798029121030/535213869912777/?type=1&fref=nf

I think "tact" is irrelevant in the case of sidearm OC within the law, especially since Kroger is now openly in support of local law. A lot of us open carry everywhere, all day, every day - as common as putting on a belt in the morning. OC is not a "screw you" for everyone is what I mean. It's a way of life in pursuit of happiness. I OC at Kroger probably three times a week, usually with my 19 month old. Never had a problem and now there's no question.

Mi hermano, the correct time is now, and the place is everywhere!

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
If you haven't already done so, please contact Kroger. The Lying Mommies don't consider the cause lost, and we shouldn't consider the win to be secure.

Call Center
(Open Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST)

1-866-221-4141

Mail
The Kroger Co.
Customer Relations
1014 Vine Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1100

https://www.kroger.com/customercomments

Corporate Switchboard
(513) 762-4000

Plan B

Banned
I thanked the management at my Krogers for respecting my rights. We had a nice chat about the situation, I shared how I dont feel these people are gun rights activists, but are likely taking the rifles to a buyback program to get two political points in at once. One at the Krogers, the other, at a buyback somewhere.

She told me that something was "Coming down" in regards to this issue. ie, from the corporate management, I'll let you know if I find out something.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
If you haven't already done so, please contact Kroger. The Lying Mommies don't consider the cause lost, and we shouldn't consider the win to be secure.

Call Center
(Open Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. EST)

1-866-221-4141

Mail
The Kroger Co.
Customer Relations
1014 Vine Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1100

https://www.kroger.com/customercomments

Corporate Switchboard
(513) 762-4000

Just called and mentioned gun issue and was sent to a voice mail saying please leave a message on this issue. So I did.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Just called and mentioned gun issue and was sent to a voice mail saying please leave a message on this issue. So I did.
THANK YOU.

Please pass the word and the contact information on to others. If Kroger doesn't hear from enough gun owners now they may give in like other places have.

It is crucial that they hear from us NOW - because later it won't matter.