Thread: Donate to support I-591, and defeat I-594.

Donate to support I-591, and defeat I-594.

We don't have the gazillionairs for support, but if we all kick in a few dollars we can make a difference:
    http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...8&e=fc0dfa02fe
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    We don't have the gazillionairs for support, but if we all kick in a few dollars we can make a difference:
    http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...8&e=fc0dfa02fe

Right you are!

It’s ten zip codes against the rest of state on gun control

The Spokane Spokesman-Review reported yesterday that the overwhelming majority of financial support for Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure pushed by the Seattle-based Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), comes from just ten zip codes in and around — surprise! — the Seattle area.

http://www.examiner.com/article/it-s...on-gun-control

Just donated to WECARE
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I put in some money the other day when I got this email.

I urge everyone here to put in $25 or $50!

Donated.

$50 sent.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

But tell gottlieb if he does the ice bucket challenge I'll donate more the. Jeff...... Jk but what's the point of splaying pogr and WECARE? And maybe Judy and Gottlieb need to meet up and coordinate their efforts if they're not already. It seems we have too many competing groups by too may I mean three when a central strateg and group will do
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

We need to step up our donations, Gates just donated another million.
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepol...un-initiative/
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    We need to step up our donations, Gates just donated another million.
    http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepol...un-initiative/
    And donate to Gottliebs group, not the NRA until they decide to be in it to win it....

I'll throw some more money on payday. Is POGR or WeCARE the better option or are both going to coordinate with each other?
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 08-25-2014 at 11:30 PM.

NRA Member

Billionaire bombardment: Bloomberg adds another million to I-594

The Seattle Times is reporting this afternoon that anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown for Gun Safety” gun control lobby is donating another million dollars to the burgeoning Initiative 594 war chest in what amounts to an effort, says gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb, of a few wealthy elitists to “buy the election.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/bill...llion-to-i-594

I was going to buy a (another) new pistol. I donated the dough instead. 0.0005 of what Bill Gates has given.
    Last edited by Bill45; 08-29-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    I was going to buy a (another) new pistol. I donated the dough instead. 0.0005 of what Bill Gates has given.
    Very generous!

Vote no on both!
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    Vote no on both!

NO, BELAY THAT!

The only way to set this initiative duel on its ear is to pass I-591 and keep the vote down on I-594.

The anti-gun Seattle herd is going to vote I-594 out of Pavlovian reflex action simply because their handlers tell them to. A "NO' vote on 591 translates to a YES vote on 594.

We're in a fight. This is not the time to be fighting stupid with one hand tied behind our back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    NO, BELAY THAT!

The only way to set this initiative duel on its ear is to pass I-591 and keep the vote down on I-594.

The anti-gun Seattle herd is going to vote I-594 out of Pavlovian reflex action simply because their handlers tell them to. A "NO' vote on 591 translates to a YES vote on 594.

We're in a fight. This is not the time to be fighting stupid with one hand tied behind our back.
    Don't belay that. There are a few reasons why 591 isn't the answer.

* we don't need any more gun laws, let's work on repealing the ones we have.

* 591 contains a provision that says we will follow whatever federal standard for background checks there is. Where in the Constitution does it give the federal government the authority to set a standard for background checks? If the feds make a new standard that as restrictive or worse than 594 and 591 has passed guess what we get stuck with?

* there are a lot of low information voters that are confused as to which initiative is gun control and which is gun rights. When they have just the ballot I guarantee mistakes are going to be made.

* if they both pass and there is a challenge in the state courts guess which one the liberal judges of Washington State are going to go with?

We should have been fighting against 594, not starting a new initiative that is confusing people. Elizabeth Scott, Matt Shea, and the rest of the freedom coalition have come out against 591. Well respected legislators with great track records in giving us more freedom even think that 591 is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post

I do not believe any large influx of money on our part will exert any real influence over the vote. On the other hand, get your own butt out and talk to everyone you know. Every family member, everyone you work with, everyone you drink with. Tell them, implore them to VOTE. Votes will bring success. We can beat "foreign" money at the ballot box. Everyone that votes for one issue will vote against the other. We can only maintain our Rights (not "win" them) at the Ballot Box.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Want to see who has donated to I-594 so far?
    Cash Contributions for: WA ALLIANCE FOR GUN RESPONSIBILITY

Want to see who has donated to I-591?
    Cash Contributions for: PROTECT OUR GUN RIGHTS
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    Want to see who has donated to I-594 so far?
    Cash Contributions for: WA ALLIANCE FOR GUN RESPONSIBILITY

Want to see who has donated to I-591?
    Cash Contributions for: PROTECT OUR GUN RIGHTS
    ****, they have 467 pages of contributors, we have 30.

For those against 591 I understand. As they say a "lesser of evils". If 591, and 594 pass at least we can hopefully use 591 to override 594. So people just vote 591, that is all.

Donated again to WeCARE, future donations will be to POGR unless there's activity starting on the WeCARE to oppose 594...

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I do not believe any large influx of money on our part will exert any real influence over the vote. On the other hand, get your own butt out and talk to everyone you know. Every family member, everyone you work with, everyone you drink with. Tell them, implore them to VOTE. Votes will bring success. We can beat "foreign" money at the ballot box. Everyone that votes for one issue will vote against the other. We can only maintain our Rights (not "win" them) at the Ballot Box.
    I've so far convinced my brother who never votes to vote no, convinced two friends who never vote but are registered to vote no on 594, and convinced a friend who is a democrat to vote no, and this last guy has a girlfriend who simply copies his ballot, plus me. So I have six votes coming to the party....

NRA Member

I've got about 130 voting no on both

I put in $50 just to WECARE and $50 to POGR just now. These groups are working to defeat 594. Donate to keep the anti-594 campaign going!

Here are the links:
    https://transaxt.com/Donate/RSFBZD/W...yExcessWeCARE/
    https://secure.piryx.com/donate/AOaM...-YES-on-I-591/

Who will match my donation?

Come on guys, step it up!

Can we get this thread sticked to the top and maybe the donation links added to the original post please?
    Last edited by Alpine; 09-04-2014 at 08:20 PM.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I put in $50 just to WECARE and $50 to POGR just now. These groups are working to defeat 594. Donate to keep the anti-594 campaign going!

Here are the links:
    https://transaxt.com/Donate/RSFBZD/W...yExcessWeCARE/
    https://secure.piryx.com/donate/AOaM...-YES-on-I-591/

Who will match my donation?

Come on guys, step it up!

Can we get this thread sticked to the top and maybe the donation links added to the original post please?
    When I get my paycheck in ill put 20 to pogr I donated 50 to WECARE last week but this weeks paycheck is smaller, I will also be manning a no on 594 fair booth in puyallup this week

NRA Member

I sent them $50 the other day plus an email to a bunch of buddies challenging them to step up as well. Now's the time. It's just money. You can always make more. It is a lot harder to get your rights back. Twenty years ago in California we thought that we would repeal the motorcycle helmet law in short order. I tell you now from experience that it is harder to overturn a law that has been implemented than it is to pass one in the first place.