• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Donate to support I-591, and defeat I-594.

Dave Workman

We don't have the gazillionairs for support, but if we all kick in a few dollars we can make a difference:
http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=ead165722588b92654076b50a&id=74c39e94a8&e=fc0dfa02fe

Right you are!

It’s ten zip codes against the rest of state on gun control

The Spokane Spokesman-Review reported yesterday that the overwhelming majority of financial support for Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure pushed by the Seattle-based Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), comes from just ten zip codes in and around — surprise! — the Seattle area.

http://www.examiner.com/article/it-s-ten-zip-codes-against-the-rest-of-state-on-gun-control

Alpine

I put in some money the other day when I got this email.

I urge everyone here to put in $25 or $50!

EMNofSeattle

But tell gottlieb if he does the ice bucket challenge I'll donate more the. Jeff...... Jk but what's the point of splaying pogr and WECARE? And maybe Judy and Gottlieb need to meet up and coordinate their efforts if they're not already. It seems we have too many competing groups by too may I mean three when a central strateg and group will do

EMNofSeattle

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Billionaire bombardment: Bloomberg adds another million to I-594

:cuss:

The Seattle Times is reporting this afternoon that anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown for Gun Safety” gun control lobby is donating another million dollars to the burgeoning Initiative 594 war chest in what amounts to an effort, says gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb, of a few wealthy elitists to “buy the election.”

http://www.examiner.com/article/billionaire-bombardment-bloomberg-adds-another-million-to-i-594

Dave Workman

Vote no on both!

NO, BELAY THAT! :banghead:

The only way to set this initiative duel on its ear is to pass I-591 and keep the vote down on I-594.

The anti-gun Seattle herd is going to vote I-594 out of Pavlovian reflex action simply because their handlers tell them to. A "NO' vote on 591 translates to a YES vote on 594.

We're in a fight. This is not the time to be fighting stupid with one hand tied behind our back.

skeith5

NO, BELAY THAT! :banghead:

The only way to set this initiative duel on its ear is to pass I-591 and keep the vote down on I-594.

The anti-gun Seattle herd is going to vote I-594 out of Pavlovian reflex action simply because their handlers tell them to. A "NO' vote on 591 translates to a YES vote on 594.

We're in a fight. This is not the time to be fighting stupid with one hand tied behind our back.
Don't belay that. There are a few reasons why 591 isn't the answer.

* we don't need any more gun laws, let's work on repealing the ones we have.

* 591 contains a provision that says we will follow whatever federal standard for background checks there is. Where in the Constitution does it give the federal government the authority to set a standard for background checks? If the feds make a new standard that as restrictive or worse than 594 and 591 has passed guess what we get stuck with?

* there are a lot of low information voters that are confused as to which initiative is gun control and which is gun rights. When they have just the ballot I guarantee mistakes are going to be made.

* if they both pass and there is a challenge in the state courts guess which one the liberal judges of Washington State are going to go with?

We should have been fighting against 594, not starting a new initiative that is confusing people. Elizabeth Scott, Matt Shea, and the rest of the freedom coalition have come out against 591. Well respected legislators with great track records in giving us more freedom even think that 591 is terrible.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran

I do not believe any large influx of money on our part will exert any real influence over the vote. On the other hand, get your own butt out and talk to everyone you know. Every family member, everyone you work with, everyone you drink with. Tell them, implore them to VOTE. Votes will bring success. We can beat "foreign" money at the ballot box. Everyone that votes for one issue will vote against the other. We can only maintain our Rights (not "win" them) at the Ballot Box.

golddigger14s

Activist Member

EMNofSeattle

I do not believe any large influx of money on our part will exert any real influence over the vote. On the other hand, get your own butt out and talk to everyone you know. Every family member, everyone you work with, everyone you drink with. Tell them, implore them to VOTE. Votes will bring success. We can beat "foreign" money at the ballot box. Everyone that votes for one issue will vote against the other. We can only maintain our Rights (not "win" them) at the Ballot Box.

I've so far convinced my brother who never votes to vote no, convinced two friends who never vote but are registered to vote no on 594, and convinced a friend who is a democrat to vote no, and this last guy has a girlfriend who simply copies his ballot, plus me. So I have six votes coming to the party....