• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

conservatives' utter contempt for property rights

twoskinsonemanns

Why do people believe that their purchased property in the US is somehow their own kingdom and no longer part of the US?

Why? Because people long to rule themselves. When someone creates a home they want to be master of it. We want to protect it, nurture it and rule it. Your collectivism threatens my individuality and freedom and I reject it.

cjohnson44546

Why? Because people long to rule themselves. When someone creates a home they want to be master of it. We want to protect it, nurture it and rule it. Your collectivism threatens my individuality and freedom and I reject it.

Then go start your own country and don't be part of this one...

cjohnson44546

Right, because the Federal Government is well-known to be supportive of the right to secede.

no seceding... that would be trying to take land from the US... All the land in the US, no matter who owns it, is still part of the US. I doubt you could find any land not already taken... so you'd have to fight for land if you wanted it... or you can buy land in the country your a citizen in, and follow the rules of owning land that is part of that country.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Why do people believe that their purchased property in the US is somehow their own kingdom and no longer part of the US?

Very few people think this ... some do, but very few I would think.

My purchased property IS my land, private land. If Gov't officials think that they can tramp through it willy-nilly then I re-educate them.

sudden valley gunner

no seceding... that would be trying to take land from the US... All the land in the US, no matter who owns it, is still part of the US. I doubt you could find any land not already taken... so you'd have to fight for land if you wanted it... or you can buy land in the country your a citizen in, and follow the rules of owning land that is part of that country.

Cite in the constitution were this is true.

OC Freedom

In Idaho that is what the state is working towards. Idaho is working to take the national forest land within its borders from the feds and return it to Idaho's control or to the citizens of Idaho depending on how one views it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
no seceding... that would be trying to take land from the US... All the land in the US, no matter who owns it, is still part of the US.

Literally all land on earth is claimed by some or other government, each of which would claim we would be trying to "take" "their" land.

How about you take your U.S. off my land?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Literally all land on earth is claimed by some or other government, each of which would claim we would be trying to "take" "their" land.

How about you take your U.S. off my land?

+1

Supposedly the Brits living in Americas in the 1700's seceded to protect their property rights from government, and now some believe the property belongs to the government.

cjohnson44546

I said its part of the US... not that it belongs to the government. Too many people think the country is the government...

sudden valley gunner

Then go start your own country and don't be part of this one...

I said its part of the US... not that it belongs to the government. Too many people think the country is the government...

If I own my land then the US should have no say what I do with it, if I own it I can make it another country or part of another etc.....otherwise I don't really own it.

Your claims somehow equate "ownership" to the US because it is part of the US.

Please cite.

state hater

Banned

They are the same. When someone says "Germany invaded Poland in 1939." what he or she is really saying is "The ruling class of a piece of the earth's crust named 'Germany' sent its hired killers onto another piece of the earth's crust named 'Poland' in 1939 and fought the hired killers of the ruling class thereof."

Incidentally, this is very similar to the "Flags represent peoples, not governments." mantra of neokooks and other jingoist riff raff. This is patently false: I could list scores of examples of a territory's flag changing when it had a change of government. Clearly, a country's flag represents its ruling class (aka "government"), which means that a country is its ruling class.

twoskinsonemanns

If I own my land then the US should have no say what I do with it, if I own it I can make it another country or part of another etc.....otherwise I don't really own it.

Please cite.

Silly SVG. We don't even own our bodies or children. Now you want to own the land you've made a home into? Silly rabbit.

cjohnson44546

Please cite.
yeah if you own the land its your kingdom... you should be able to kill people, own slaves, and all types of things... its your land dammit!

And you are right... you do not "own" it by the definition of ownership you are using.

Last edited:

TexasOC

yeah if you own the land its your kingdom... you should be able to kill people, own slaves, and all types of things... its your land dammit!

And you are right... you do not "own" it by the definition of ownership you are using.

The federal government only exists to uphold the Constitution... one cannot deprive another of their LIFE nor their LIBERTY. Your logically fallacious argument from final consequences is bunk.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

What does my exclusive use of a parcel of land have to do with my owning slaves?

It does not follow.

cjohnson44546

The federal government only exists to uphold the Constitution... one cannot deprive another of their LIFE nor their LIBERTY. Your logically fallacious argument from final consequences is bunk.

oh.. .so the federal government can tell you some stuff you cannot do on your own land? but you own it?