Thread: Is there a Mexican problem and if so what is the solution?

Is there a Mexican problem and if so what is the solution?

I keep hearing about illegal immigration from Mexico. To put it out there, my family emigrated to these United States from the former British commonwealth crown colonies in the Caribbean. So, I am a first generation, Caribbean American. My father was deported in 1975, for remaining in the US too long, before returning to the US in 1980 after marrying my mother, a US citizen. So, I am familiar, somewhat, anecdotally speaking, with the so-called plight of illegal immigrants.

What do about Mexico?

Let's be honest, its a war zone.

And this is the current issue. Refugees from this war zone, cross illegally into the US. As depicted with this apt sign. That being said... what do we do? Nothing?

Would an invasion be just?

I've noticed, from my armchair, no doubt,

that their nationals come over in droves,

and yet, hold our citizens with an iron fist. Go figure.

Or is it our drug policy as well as other laws, which have turned, indirectly, of course, Mexico into a haven for every western movie caricature you've ever seen in the last 70 years?

Considering how much the American government loves war.

Considering that unofficially that Mexican nationals are invading these United States.

Noting that Mexico loves to put its,

unnecessary, unsolicited advice into

American, constitutional affairs.

The fact that we haven't invaded Mexico, beat the dog crap out of them, and made them apart of the US of A, makes me scratch my head.

It'd be, possibly, maybe, who knows, the first just war, we've fought in a long time.

Because, a second amnesty, can't be the only, viable solution.
    Last edited by Custodian; 08-23-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: I wrote the twice, in a row, who does that? Me. Apparently.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    SNIP...The fact that we haven't invaded Mexico, beat the dog crap out of them, and made them apart of the US of A, makes me scratch my head.

It'd be, possibly, maybe, who knows, the first just war, we've fought in a long time.

Because, a second amnesty, can't be the only, viable solution.
    I agree with the bolded portion as it was written.

Contrary to what Tucson politicians (amongst others) like to say, the U.S. and Mexico are NOT "one and the same people"; different customs and traditions are only reflections of the underlying difference: different principles and values.

Ask random people there and they'll probably tell you the problem is a corrupt government. I'm not sure how many will make the connection between a (de facto) unarmed citizenry and abuse of power by government.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Didn't the US forcibly annex two Mexican states from the Second Federal Republic of Mexico in the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and then have to pay for them and the Mexican debt for their worthlessness?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Didn't the US forcibly annex two Mexican states from the Second Federal Republic of Mexico in the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo and then have to pay for them and the Mexican debt for their worthlessness?
    Therein rests a distinctive opinion of matter - much might be reflected on which side of the river one were to ask the question.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

History is written by the victors. The past exists independently of observers.

Lol

Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: And when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. (George Santayana,The Life of Reason (1905-1906), Vol. I, Reason in common sense) http://www.gutenberg.org/author/george+santayana
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-24-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: The censor bot is amok, a POS
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

We annexed Santa Anna's wooden leg too. What of it?

Banned
    How about we just start calling them Irish ?

Then they'll boot 'em out.