Thread: Richmond Gun Show @Richmond Raceway Complex

Richmond Gun Show @Richmond Raceway Complex

Did anyone go today are are you planning to go today or tomorrow? Sigh...no open carry allowed:

1 Park in designated lot if there is one.
    2 Make sure ALL FIREARMS are uloaded before leaving your vehicle, leave ammo in the vehicle.
    3 Uncase your firearms before leaving vehicle.
    4 Proceed to gun check with actions open and barrels pointed up.
    5 Have firearms secured with zip tie at gun check.
    6 Make sure firearms stay tied with ziptie until you leave the show.

http://www.cegunshows.com/ImportInfo...3/Default.aspx

I want to go to see if anyone has a Royal Blue Colt Python with a 6" barrel or some spare mags for my Sig P229 .40, but it's so annoying having to disarm to get into a gun show. I've never been to a gun show, and I'm sure they are all this way, but ahh nevermind. I'll just go and check things out and report back.

*EDIT* Just realized they misspelled "unload." Since uload isn't a word I guess we can disregard that part? Hahah...
    Last edited by The Truth; 08-23-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

You cannot carry a loaded firearm into the show.
    They let you buy firearms inside the show.
    They let you buy ammunition inside the show.
    They do not check the status/condition of firearms you carry out of the show.

Just remember there are "eyes in the sky" all over the place.

There have been enough (being defined as more than 1) incidents of someone discharging a firearm inside the show that the folks running the show do not want to deal with the aftermath again. Nor does RIR. Nor the Henrico PD (well, they do hate doing the paperwork.) The "our insurance requires this" line may or may not be true - I just don't see that it matters (their place, their rules, you agreed to them when you bought your ticket).

See the several magazine vendors - they have mags for guns that no longer exist, as well as some for guns that have not yet been invented.

You might have better luck with the on-line sites for finding that Colt. But half the fun of a gun show is wandering the aisles trying to figure out how close you can get to what you want before you start thinking about compromising. The other half of the fun at gun shows is people-watching. (The People of Wal-Mart buy guns.)

Stop by the VCDL table and chat while you complete your membership application form.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You cannot carry a loaded firearm into the show.
    They let you buy firearms inside the show.
    They let you buy ammunition inside the show.
    They do not check the status/condition of firearms you carry out of the show.

Just remember there are "eyes in the sky" all over the place.

There have been enough (being defined as more than 1) incidents of someone discharging a firearm inside the show that the folks running the show do not want to deal with the aftermath again. Nor does RIR. Nor the Henrico PD (well, they do hate doing the paperwork.) The "our insurance requires this" line may or may not be true - I just don't see that it matters (their place, their rules, you agreed to them when you bought your ticket).

See the several magazine vendors - they have mags for guns that no longer exist, as well as some for guns that have not yet been invented.

You might have better luck with the on-line sites for finding that Colt. But half the fun of a gun show is wandering the aisles trying to figure out how close you can get to what you want before you start thinking about compromising. The other half of the fun at gun shows is people-watching. (The People of Wal-Mart buy guns.)

Stop by the VCDL table and chat while you complete your membership application form.

stay safe.
    Yeah, I just left the .40 in the truck. I don't really like the idea of open carrying a pistol with no magazine and with a zip tie through the breach.

As soon as I saw VCDL's booth I felt like I was at home

Chatted with a vendor about open carry who told me "if it ain't all black or a plastic gun, I don't like it!" He had a huge boner for the Glock 19 and concealed carry, and insisted that my choice to open carry was "rebellion," even if I don't call it that. He said "well no one who does it calls it that..." I just kinda smiled and looked over his collection of wood grain stock AKs as he talked about why he conceals.

Finally picked up a couple spare mags for my P229 and some ammo. After asking every vendor that had time to listen, I was unable to locate a Colt Python, however the only Colt Anaconda on the whole floor was sold right as I was walking up to check it out I will find my perfect soulmate Colt Magnum revolver one day... The closest I could find was a S&W 586, but it just didn't do it for me.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

P.S. The guy I was talking to (the Glock 19 enthusiast) upon my asking about the Colt Python said, "So you want to knowingly carry a pistol that is too heavy, and holds less bullets?" My reply, "It's definitely not my 'in town' carry."

Everyone's got an opinion, haha...

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    [ ... ] The other half of the fun at gun shows is people-watching. (The People of Wal-Mart buy guns.)
    LOL ... and sell them.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

The "people of Wal-Mart" comment is spot on. Saw what had to be a 375# Henrico cop walking to his cruiser with an M1 Garand, his belt looked like it was down below his hips. Had to be a 50"+ waist line, haha. Saw another guy with his finger on the trigger of what looked like a S&W AR just walking around with it on his shoulder. He was probably 6'8" and had on what appeared to be a children's medium sized tshirt with fluorescent NASCAR #s and emblems all over it. Lots of head shaking on my part. Wish I had snapped a couple photos.

μολὼν λαβέ

walmart

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    The "people of Wal-Mart" comment is spot on. Saw what had to be a 375# Henrico cop walking to his cruiser with an M1 Garand, his belt looked like it was down below his hips. Had to be a 50"+ waist line, haha. Saw another guy with his finger on the trigger of what looked like a S&W AR just walking around with it on his shoulder. He was probably 6'8" and had on what appeared to be a children's medium sized tshirt with fluorescent NASCAR #s and emblems all over it. Lots of head shaking on my part. Wish I had snapped a couple photos.
    stop making fun of my family members
    If you can not move at 1100 fps, then pass me by.

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilrobyjohn View Post
    stop making fun of my family members

Stopped in again today and picked up a matching Masters's leather twin mag holster, a cheap-o softy handgun bag, and 500 round of .40. Now I just need a nice rail flashlight and my .40 accessory collection will be complete

My friend picked up a Bulgarian AK47 for $900. Not too shabby.

μολὼν λαβέ