Thread: Bburiens Trespas Ordinance Address Disturbances

Bburiens Trespas Ordinance Address Disturbances

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/buri...nces-pu/ng74s/

The ordinance language calls for a trespass warning for any conduct that is “dangerous, unsafe, illegal, or unreasonably disruptive to other uses of public property.”
    That includes hostile or aggressive language or gestures, boisterous behavior, using electronics in a way that disrupts others, wearing insufficient clothing or bodily hygiene or scent that is offensive to others.

The Burien city manager, Kamuron Gurol, told KIRO 7 the council “really tried to strike the balance – not getting in the way of someone’s legitimate use, as protected by higher laws, constitutional provisions, but also making sure that the environment is safe for everyone.”

“It’s not targeted at homeless people. It’s targeted at anyone who would engage in behavior that’s unsafe, or dangerous, or unreasonably disruptive,” Gurol said.
    I can see it now... a group of us Open Carrying at a BBQ and some Moms person calls it in....
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 08-24-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Looks like we need to do just that. Who wants to set up a BBQ?
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Banned
    https://burienwa.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/2306

That's nice .. they give YOU 15 days to file an appeal of the notice .. but they have forever to hear it .. and you cannot cross-examine the main witness? That sounds fair.

Time for Burien residents to file their own notice of trespass against all town employees.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    It's like someone took an advanced course in how to write unconstitutionally vague stuff that has such high potential for "unindended consequences". Either that or someone's spinster aunt was given free rein. I could not get through the definitions without stopping several times to laugh.

The "appeal" process has me seriously considering a trip there in order to get issued a trespass warning just so I can split the damages award with some unethical attorney. (They would have to be unethical to charge the usual 30%/70% split for something so easy.)

But I'm curious - what set off the city fathers/mothers that they felt the need for banning people? Local people - any response?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    From what I read, its an ordinance specifically made to attend to the homeless' needs (when a politician says an ordinance is not meant to target a specific group, then you know that it is). It will undoubtedly be perverted almost instantaneously by the cops.

For those Americans who wish to have a OC BBQ I would suggest that they dress like the homeless. Expect 32 tanks and 400 swat teams to descend upon you.

So, I could be trespassed off of a SIDEWALK in Burien the way I am reading this.

This is a straight up, unconstitutional law.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I can be trespassed for having BO???
    Rubbish!

Are they kidding me???
    Last edited by rapgood; 08-24-2014 at 07:33 PM.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    I can be trespassed for having BO???
    Rubbish!

Are they kidding me???
    Would you rather get trespassed for BO than for bathing in the public library restroom sink?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Sounds like this ordinance was written by the same folks that dreamed up I-594.
    What a bunch of C**p.

........................... Jack