Thread: Group Protests Police Violence by Open Carrying Guns

Group Protests Police Violence by Open Carrying Guns

http://eaglerising.com/8135/group-pr...carrying-guns/

Some of our fellow citizens in Texas did something "provocative." The question is - why has their chosen form of protest become provocative?

The group decided to protest an overly aggressive Dallas police force by exercising their right to open carry.

The twist that you might not have seen coming?

These protesters are African-American.

The people who decided to do this are from the Huey P. Newton Gun Club were spurred to action by the recent shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. However they do have their own local ax to grind.

Dallas, Texas is a hot bed for police shootings of unarmed individuals. Of the over 70 shootings of unarmed individuals, only one has brought down a criminal indictment of the police officer in question. (The one that was indicted came after surveillance video was found that contradicted the officer’s story.)

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/8135/group-pr...kAYzHSQ9by3.99
    I know, long gun carry, but that is the only OC legal in Texas.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Huey P. Newton Gun Club Black open-carry activists protest police brutality in Dallas

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I believe that this was more correct area to post.

This affects much more than Texas.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    How on earth would they know these people were "African-American"?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    How on earth would they know these people were "African-American"?
    For starters, they are named after Huey P. Newton, one of the founders of the 1960's Black Panther party, and they probably self-identified themselves to the press as such.

As for the poor term "African-American," that would be in another debate, so I'm assuming you are not being facetious.
    Last edited by MAC702; 08-24-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

From the article - "Instead they open carry, and by doing so they remind the local government that “we the people” will not allow the government to rule us tyrannically."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    From the article - "Instead they open carry, and by doing so they remind the local government that “we the people” will not allow the government to rule us tyrannically."
    Too late ... already are.