• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A glimmer of hope in a weary world...

twoskinsonemanns

"More than $5 billion worth of equipment has been transferred since the program was started."

"The White House-led review will consider whether the government should continue providing such equipment..."

hmmm after the horses have run off let's consider whether or not we should close the barn door.

rapgood

"More than $5 billion worth of equipment has been transferred since the program was started."

"The White House-led review will consider whether the government should continue providing such equipment..."

hmmm after the horses have run off let's consider whether or not we should close the barn door.

Whaaaat??? There's a door???
I guess Homeland Security kept that a secret!!!
:banghead:

Dave_pro2a

I don't what type gear the police have, just as long as no one complains about what type of gear I have.

Spoken from pure ignorance.

You have no idea the types of 'tools' the military is using for 'domestic control' over seas -- that can be re-purposed for use in America for the same activity.

Primus

Do not conflate SWAT and their mistakes with cops and there protective gear. If I think I need a AR then the cop gets one too.

I was waiting to post something like this today but you beat me to it. I'd buy you beer if I could.

I heard on fox a guy taking about this very issue. Basically heres the deal, and I'll use Fergeson as an example:

1) they don't even have military gear. Those are NOT tanks nor even military surplus vehicles. Oc spray, body armor, ar15s, non lethal shotguns (the pretty colored ones) are all non military gear. Its called propaganda. Yea they are wearing army clothing and carrying rifles..... Wwwooooo scary.

2) the issue is WHEN and HOW SWAT is deployed. The shouldn't be out smushing protestors. They should be saving hostages or serving actual high threat warrants (like ax murderer crap).

Some of these same tools are used against gun owners. "Wow scary black military rifles" or "wow carrying a pistol is way too extreme and scary". Etc. Etc.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

There should be no SWAT.

Cops should be able to own what ever they want as their personal weapons.

They should be heavily restricted to what they can use in their so called "service".

OC for ME

There should be no SWAT.

Cops should be able to own what ever they want as their personal weapons.

They should be heavily restricted to what they can use in their so called "service".
+1

Disband all SWAT. SWAT trained cops will remain.

Compare the images of Aurora's Constitution Suspension Event and the Boston Constitution Suspension Event. The most casual of observers the threat to liberty and public safety is easily seen.

Maverick9

+1 By the way for the thread. I do to see hope in the rise of knowledge and unification of the anti militarization of the police and people getting wise to the rising police state.

Sorry it's not going to happen. In the history of the world, barring the French Revolution, it's never happened that people in power give up or are made to give up their power unless they are all killed first. It will only get worse because as the opinion goes against this more and more they will realize a need to really shut people up.

It's sad, and I hope I live a long time, but I hope in that time, I don't live to see the world of "Minority Report".

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Sorry it's not going to happen. In the history of the world, barring the French Revolution, it's never happened that people in power give up or are made to give up their power unless they are all killed first. It will only get worse because as the opinion goes against this more and more they will realize a need to really shut people up.

It's sad, and I hope I live a long time, but I hope in that time, I don't live to see the world of "Minority Report".
Sad to say your generally correct. They just won't parade it around. Or they will paint it different colors to make it pleasantly pleasing.

sudden valley gunner

I'm not quite defeatist yet. You may be right but lets hang on to those glimmer of hopes we get, push liberty and educate people about their rights and to be anti statist.

Minority report, you are already there. Proactive policing, cops getting dogs because they suspect you, spending hrs on a man hunt for suspicion of "obstruction" and no other charge. You stand up against the state, you exercise your rights they assume you have something to hide.

OC for ME

Aurora's Constitution Suspension Event and the Boston Constitution Suspension Event are examples of "group think." A drone reports 'X' and all the other drones will act solely on that single report. It matters not that the drone could be wrong, or right, the report is made and action must follow. Rightness or wrongness of the report is a secondary consideration.