• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If obstruction is the only charge there is no crime!

Primus

wimwag

Guess you missed the warrant he had and the b&e charges.

Innocent dudes don't just run through the woods break into house traverse swamps for HOURS to avoid being detained.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sometimes us innocent dudes walk just inside our neighbor's property line and pretend we can't hear the cop demanding that we hand over our deer rifles.

Primus

Sometimes us innocent dudes walk just inside our neighbor's property line and pretend we can't hear the cop demanding that we hand over our deer rifles.

Maybe.

That's not breaking into a house or running through swamps and woods for hrs....

The Truth

Interesting story. The comments on the story are equally as interesting.

"Merry Teesdale · Bellingham, Washington
It was upsetting to have a very noisy helicopter circling me, my house, helpers, for hours, upsetting my cows and all of us for hours, and to have big men in uniforms and tracking dogs running around my land most of the day. A lot of the time, the helicopter wasn't looking where the guy was supposed to be. Then, even though they caught the guy the day before, the next day, Saturday, a Border Patrol guy was in my woods with a rifle without permission. The same officer came back again today with the rifle in the front seat, driving up the road. I caught him and asked him to leave.
Here's the thing. No one ever really saw a gun. No gun has been recovered. I thought one had to commit a crime or at least have probable cause to be arrested."

"Suni Hardwick
I live on Hoff road, nobody informed me to stay inside. When I asked the border patrol officer about it, he gave me a response, that they were obviously not looking for me."

"Annette Townsend · Western Washington University
Nope, nothing said to me either - I drove right by two of them standing next to a patrol car sitting at the RR crossing at Country Lane, and they didn't even say anything, just waved me on."

And that response you got from them was pretty unprofessional."

"Gini Bates Detering · Lake Washington High School
I know Leah Linscott Travers was upset about it too. It's pretty scary"

sudden valley gunner

Guess you missed the warrant he had and the b&e charges.

Innocent dudes don't just run through the woods break into house traverse swamps for HOURS to avoid being detained.

They didn't know that at the time......:rolleyes: , guess you missed that part of the article.

Those pesky constitutional restrictions get in your way eh?

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Interesting story. The comments on the story are equally as interesting.

"Merry Teesdale · Bellingham, Washington
It was upsetting to have a very noisy helicopter circling me, my house, helpers, for hours, upsetting my cows and all of us for hours, and to have big men in uniforms and tracking dogs running around my land most of the day. A lot of the time, the helicopter wasn't looking where the guy was supposed to be. Then, even though they caught the guy the day before, the next day, Saturday, a Border Patrol guy was in my woods with a rifle without permission. The same officer came back again today with the rifle in the front seat, driving up the road. I caught him and asked him to leave.
Here's the thing. No one ever really saw a gun. No gun has been recovered. I thought one had to commit a crime or at least have probable cause to be arrested."

"Suni Hardwick
I live on Hoff road, nobody informed me to stay inside. When I asked the border patrol officer about it, he gave me a response, that they were obviously not looking for me."

Nope, nothing said to me either - I drove right by two of them standing next to a patrol car sitting at the RR crossing at Country Lane, and they didn't even say anything, just waved me on."

And that response you got from them was pretty unprofessional."

"Gini Bates Detering · Lake Washington High School
I know Leah Linscott Travers was upset about it too. It's pretty scary"

Glad a non apologist decided to way in .

Yea many folks in the county areas up here are getting a little tired of the FEDS being all over and into everything.

They harass people with their helicopters a few years ago a guy finally decided to go outside and confront them by shining a light at the guy hovering just above his property in the middle of the night. Guess who went to jail.

I just can't believe they wasted all that time and the only thing they knew was he ditched the cops. They had no warrant , no idea who it was, but were pissed this guy evaded them. Even when there no "official contact". Then to call in the border patrol for a local problem....:banghead:

Primus

Glad a non apologist decided to way in .

Yea many folks in the county areas up here are getting a little tired of the FEDS being all over and into everything.

They harass people with their helicopters a few years ago a guy finally decided to go outside and confront them by shining a light at the guy hovering just above his property in the middle of the night. Guess who went to jail.

I just can't believe they wasted all that time and the only thing they knew was he ditched the cops. They had no warrant , no idea who it was, but were pissed this guy evaded them. Even when there no "official contact". Then to call in the border patrol for a local problem....:banghead:

He was concealing a rifle. That's how the call came in. suspicious male armed with rifle he was attempting to conceal. When they approached the male he then ran.

You keep leaving that part out. Its disingenuous.

Oh and they were right that he was doing something or running for a reason.

sudden valley gunner

He was concealing a rifle. That's how the call came in. suspicious male armed with rifle he was attempting to conceal. When they approached the male he then ran.

No I didn't leave that out. Quit lying, I posted the article, which states in the article itself, the only charge they were looking for him were obstructing.

They had no RS or no PC other than he hid from cops, which isn't illegal and doesn't ad up to RS or PC. They had no idea at the time, if rifle was unloaded or legal, no idea he had charges against him, ( I noticed how you tried to sneak that into the conversation), no idea who he was, actually had no idea if it was a rifle or not either.

So If I am walking down the street see some cop come creeping up on me and I decide to walk into the woods because I don't want to deal with your busy body ass, they should go on a massive man hunt?

The pesky constitution, you just want to ignore it for your hunches?

Last edited:

OC for ME

The RAS: A man wearing black, black, and black, carrying what looks like could be a gun.

A concerned citizen first saw the man dressed in all black — a black tank top, black jeans and a black baseball cap turned backwards — walking along the railroad tracks near Marine Drive late Friday morning. The man held what looked like a rifle or a shotgun hidden under a cloth, said Whatcom County Sheriff’s Chief Criminal Deputy Doug Chadwick.
NO! It is alleged by a citizen that what the caller said they saw looks like a ____. Not is a ____. This is all the "reasonably believed cop" needs to get busy. Unconfirmed allegations by someone who does not know for certain what they saw. That suspicion (guess) must not carry the weight of unassailable fact. But to the cops it is a fact until proven otherwise. Bassakwards logic, thug logic.

The cops knew nothing about the man until after he was arrested. They got lucky.
During the manhunt, the man was wanted for only one charge: obstructing law enforcement.
RCW 9A.76.020 Obstructing a law enforcement officer.

(1) A person is guilty of obstructing a law enforcement officer if the person willfully hinders, delays, or obstructs any law enforcement officer in the discharge of his or her official powers or duties.

(2) "Law enforcement officer" means any general authority, limited authority, or specially commissioned Washington peace officer or federal peace officer as those terms are defined in RCW 10.93.020, and other public officers who are responsible for enforcement of fire, building, zoning, and life and safety codes.

(3) Obstructing a law enforcement officer is a gross misdemeanor.
So, the cops can claim obstruction based only on a unsubstantiated report. Facts are not needed, it appears, in Whatcom County.

PistolPackingMomma

So If I am walking down the street see some cop come creeping up on me and I decide to walk into the woods because I don't want to deal with your busy body ass...

It would be safer for all citizens to do so, since we don't know if we might encounter that one cop who said basically if we don't wanna get shot we shouldn't come in to his proximity.

P.s. I absolutely love your sass, Rob. Thanks for the giggle!

Baked on Grease

So... the ONLY legal method to transport a long gun is by clearly marked bag/case that says RIFLE or it's being concealed? Does that mean my rifle sock is illegal and I should expect you to arrest me for concealing at the gun range?

Primus

So... the ONLY legal method to transport a long gun is by clearly marked bag/case that says RIFLE or it's being concealed? Does that mean my rifle sock is illegal and I should expect you to arrest me for concealing at the gun range?

You shouldnt expect me to do anything because short of shooting someone I could care less what you do.

But your taking it out of context. Dude wasn't at range.

decklin

No I didn't leave that out. Quit lying, I posted the article, which states in the article itself, the only charge they were looking for him were obstructing.

They had no RS or no PC other than he hid from cops, which isn't illegal and doesn't ad up to RS or PC. They had no idea at the time, if rifle was unloaded or legal, no idea he had charges against him, ( I noticed how you tried to sneak that into the conversation), no idea who he was, actually had no idea if it was a rifle or not either.

So If I am walking down the street see some cop come creeping up on me and I decide to walk into the woods because I don't want to deal with your busy body ass, they should go on a massive man hunt?

The pesky constitution, you just want to ignore it for your hunches?

I really wish there was a like button on this forum.

sudden valley gunner

Why, yes! They do!
Dang that pesky old constitution! Sure do get in the way, don't it??? :cuss:

+1

Seems like the apologist/cop in this thread don't seem to like those restrictions.

It would be safer for all citizens to do so, since we don't know if we might encounter that one cop who said basically if we don't wanna get shot we shouldn't come in to his proximity.

P.s. I absolutely love your sass, Rob. Thanks for the giggle!

+1
And thankyou, sometimes you can use a carrot to lead the ass...other times a carrot is useless.