Thread: Can you legally practice your target shooting at Lake Pleasant in Arizona?

Glendale, AZ

Can you legally practice your target shooting at Lake Pleasant in Arizona?

A friend of mine mentioned that he bought his first sidearm from a private dealer. He said that he goes target shooting at Lake Pleasant here in Arizona but I'm finding it hard to believe him since he tends to lie a lot. Anyways, the question is, Can you legally shoot at Lake Pleasant? Thank you in advance for any replies that I receive.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    The answer may be within these links.

Check with local sheriff or land management agencies before using an area for shooting. Private and state lands are located adjacent to many public lands. Do not shoot on private lands without the owner's permission. Shooting is not permitted in state parks or state trust land.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Glendale, Arizona, USA
    IMO you're really better off going to an established range, you know it's legal there and there are outdoor ranges in the Phoenix metro area.

Ben Avery
    Phoenix Rod and Gun
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.