Thread: Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,' Shut Up -- Even If We're Violating Your Rights

West Allis, WI

Cop: 'If You Don't Want To Get Shot,' Shut Up -- Even If We're Violating Your Rights

"But if you believe (or know) that the cop stopping you is violating your rights or is acting like a bully, I guarantee that the situation will not become easier if you show your anger and resentment," he writes. Dutta goes on to encourage people to seek legal recourse after the fact, rather than protest at the time of the encounter. Of course, an April 2014 poll found that half of Americans don't believe cops are held accountable for misconduct, so that likely won't be much solace to most people.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

White Oak Plantation
    No mention of fixing cops attitudes and mitigating behaviors before the abuse. Typical cop attitude. What loyalty does he continue to owe to LE?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

earth's crust
    Easier? I don't care ... I yell at them sometimes. Sucks to be them.

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Easier? I don't care ... I yell at them sometimes. Sucks to be them.
    I do that on occasion. When confronted with "that special kind of stupid" I, first, resort to reason. Sometimes tho, to get thru, volume works.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington