• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How much more dangerous are open carriers with badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimwag

You can suspect all you want.... Doesn't mean its accurate...

And where have you been? A cop is in harms way every time he pulls over a speeding citizen.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

If you feel unsafe, get in your MRAP.

gajene4y

OC for ME

You can suspect all you want.... Doesn't mean its accurate...

And where have you been? A cop is in harms way every time he pulls over a speeding citizen.

NO, a cop is not in harms way every time he pulls over a speeding vehicle. Could he be? Sure, traffic fatalities aside, but those cases are rare. Most times they are non-events. I suspect that the citizen being pulled over is at the same level of risk from the cop as is the cop from the citizen, rarely.

Cops could let minor speeding infraction go by the wayside and thus dramatically reduce the potential for harm befalling them from the rare thug that gets pulled over.

But this topic has nothing to do with the OP. The odds of getting shot by a cop may be statistically very much greater when compared to getting shot by citizens who OC. If the members of OCDO are worth any consideration I suspect that the citizen OCer is the very last worry a armed or unarmed citizen has when they come in contact with them. Cops, ya never know until ya parts ways unscathed.

Harsh, sure, but I have yet to be able to tell a thug cop from a non thug cop just by looking at them.

Primus

Yes your theory that you take your life into danger with every traffic stop, has absolutely been debunked. You are more likely to die by a cop than a terrorist.

So be it. I commend your conviction as misplaced as it may be.

Truth is we need extremes on both sides because the truth is really somewhere in the middle.

sudden valley gunner

So be it. I commend your conviction as misplaced as it may be.

Truth is we need extremes on both sides because the truth is really somewhere in the middle.

I know you like painting my liberty stance as extremist, but since I am for liberty and you feel that is extreme and you are the opposite extreme.....hmmmmmm. Stop being a cop!

The Truth

the truth is really somewhere in the middle.

:monkey Statists/cop apologists<----------The Middle----------->Anti-statists/Pro-citizen :banana:

I'd say The Truth is probably a little more towards the right than in the middle.

Primus

I know you like painting my liberty stance as extremist, but since I am for liberty and you feel that is extreme and you are the opposite extreme.....hmmmmmm. Stop being a cop!

Lol cmon brother don't stoop...

"Painting me extreme so your opposite"

That's dumb. I (and anyone else) can point out something as extreme and not have to take the other side.

Difference between you and I is I know I'm biased and have some extreme views. I work to ground myself with guys that keep me in reality and keep my centered. I know my faults and that some of my views are wrong.

You fail to even realize your faults. You just throw around catch phrases like "liberty" and think your a hero.

sudden valley gunner

That's dumb. I (and anyone else) can point out something as extreme and not have to take the other side.

Difference between you and I is I know I'm biased and have some extreme views. I work to ground myself with guys that keep me in reality and keep my centered. I know my faults and that some of my views are wrong.

You fail to even realize your faults. You just throw around catch phrases like "liberty" and think your a hero.

:rolleyes: , now trying a different tactic.....I used your own words against you. Your use of "extreme" to try to demonize someone who is about peace and liberty is silly.

You know are resorting to your failed attempts of the past as trying to paint anybody else who doesn't see it your way as not being grounded in reality. Get over yourself, your assumptions and accusations say more about you than the person you are attempting to denegrate. Your lack of ability to defend any of your "reality" is all on you.

Your silly attempt at trying to put words into my mouth (lying) to say I think I am a hero is outrageously funny. Considering how many times you keep bringing up how you fought for us and serve the community.....:rolleyes:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
NO, a cop is not in harms way every time he pulls over a speeding vehicle. Could he be? Sure, traffic fatalities aside, but those cases are rare. Most times they are non-events. I suspect that the citizen being pulled over is at the same level of risk from the cop as is the cop from the citizen, rarely.

I suspect you're right.

Worse is the comparison of my risk during a traffic stop vs any other time in my life.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I suspect you're right.

Worse is the comparison of my risk during a traffic stop vs any other time in my life.

Ones life is at more risk just driving more then most other activities.

So to make your life a lot safer just give up driving and eliminate both risks.

Last edited:

OC for ME

This is a very interesting admission. Again it is confirmed that you know, yet do not attempt to correct.

Not knowing a personal fault exists is very much less repulsive than knowing that a personal fault exists, accepting that it exists, and doing nothing to change the condition.

The not so surprising portion of the statement bolded above is the second half, retaining your views that you know to be wrong.

Not a lot I can say to you any further at this point.

Stay safe.

WalkingWolf

This is a very interesting admission. Again it is confirmed that you know, yet do not attempt to correct.

Not knowing a personal fault exists is very much less repulsive than knowing that a personal fault exists, accepting that it exists, and doing nothing to change the condition.

The not so surprising portion of the statement bolded above is the second half, retaining your views that you know to be wrong.

Not a lot I can say to you any further at this point.

Stay safe.

Short explanation is troll...

Freedom1Man

The ones with badges are very dangerous

The average OCer does not get protected by the courts.
They do not to do a self review to determine if they have done anything wrong.
They do not get paid vacations anytime they shoot someone.
etc.

The average OCer goes to jail or at least is at risk for jail time even if they are found to have been justified in their shooting.
The average OCer has to worry about the badged OCer committing court allowed perjury on the stand.
The average OCer is too often treated like a criminal by the OCer with a badge.....

Firearms Iinstuctor

The average OCer does not get protected by the courts.
They do not to do a self review to determine if they have done anything wrong.
They do not get paid vacations anytime they shoot someone.
etc.

The average OCer goes to jail or at least is at risk for jail time even if they are found to have been justified in their shooting.
The average OCer has to worry about the badged OCer committing court allowed perjury on the stand.
The average OCer is too often treated like a criminal by the OCer with a badge.....

The average open carrier never has any of theses thing happen to him.

MamaLiberty

The average open carrier never has any of theses thing happen to him.

Quite beside the point, actually. The topic was about the potential and the difference in potential between OC "cops" and ordinary people. Since the points indicated by Freedom1Man could and do occur all over the country, regardless of whether the private individual carries or not... it seems to me to be a valid statement. OC is not the only precipitating factor in such police behavior.

OC Freedom

This thread has to much verbal disagreement for me to chime in on this subject again. I like to avoid conflict, (reason I open carry) , but I thought I would point out we need some smelling salts. It appears Primus has been knocked out cold in this ring. one, two, three, four, five.......:uhoh:

Status
Not open for further replies.