Thread: Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry applications surge. Washington Times

Chicago crime rate drops as concealed carry applications surge. Washington Times

Since Illinois started granting concealed carry permits this year, the number of robberies that have led to arrests in Chicago has declined 20 percent from last year, according to police department statistics. Reports of burglary and motor vehicle theft are down 20 percent and 26 percent, respectively. In the first quarter, the city’s homicide rate was at a 56-year low.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-carry-gun-pe/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Campaign Veteran
    Au contraire, I would expect "homicide rates" to SOAR temporarily, since citizens would be (SHOULD be) killing criminals wholesale (since there is so much crime in the cesspool city there there's a lot of serious work to be done at first).

Then LATER ON, after a period of "attrition" -- when citizens have successively sent a "message" to criminals and they demonstrate their understanding of same by being "attritted" -- homicide rates would THEN fall big-time.

Hmmmm...perhaps my logic is illogical. :-(

Recalculating...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 08-25-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Chicago robberies drop 20% after concealed carry permits are issued."

This is what happens when you give criminals a good reason to say, "Oh, crap..."

What I don't understand is why Chicago drug their feet for so many years, despite clear evidence from all the other municipalities who relaxed their gun laws?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Murder increases or decreases, it does not matter ... does it?

Do you need a decrease to say that the people have the RKBA?

Nah...I don't even bother making these arguments to folks. They won't believe you anyway most of the time.

Facts, smacks .. rights are what controls.

Campaign Veteran
    IMO, whether the crime rate is up or down, the RKBA is still there regardless. Even if crime NEVER happened (meaning the crime rate = 0%) I would STILL be carrying.

Partly because despite the stats, something COULD happen anyway (and then crime stats, for ME, would rise to 100% instantly), but MAINLY, because carrying is the badge/symbol of a free citizen -- not so if one's a serf, subject or slave. And RIGHTS don't need reasons to exercise them, they just ARE (and maybe, only in America nowadays as no other country HAS a 2nd Amendment/RKBA).

And last but not least, it's to remind the police -- PUBLIC SERVANTS -- when they see citizens out there carrying, exactly who the MASTERS are in America: We the People (even though it seems the Servants rule the Masters nowadays -- but that's another topic).

So yeah...crime rates...ummm...

What was the question again? ;-)
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 08-26-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Au contraire, I would expect "homicide rates" to SOAR temporarily, since citizens would be (SHOULD be) killing criminals wholesale (since there is so much crime in the cesspool city there there's a lot of serious work to be done at first).
    You sound like a CCer, itching for an opportunity to shoot a bad guy.

Guns deter crime.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    You sound like a CCer, itching for an opportunity to shoot a bad guy employ the element of surprise.

Guns deter crime.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Campaign Veteran
    "You sound like a CCer, itching for an opportunity to shoot a bad guy." -- marshaul

Honestly, I have no idea where you'd get that from. I'm on a first-name basis with a number of police departments across America, and they know that I pretty much mind my own business. Most of the time. Really.

The rest of the time I'm merely engaged in occasional, random and usually nocturnal Public/Community Service activities...

-- Paul Kersey
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 08-26-2014 at 04:09 PM.