Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL's new video

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

VCDL's new video

This was in the Alerts this morning.
    Matt is an extraordinarily good Videographer and it shows in this.

A BIG THANKS to Jim Reynolds (Who is a CHP Instructor but believes in Open Carry also) and Leyla Myers who has a unique background and understands the importance of all carry methods. These two were the only ones who didn't have to pick up their shirts to show their guns.

Both are special and it ain't because they have a CHP!

https://vimeo.com/104133502
    Last edited by peter nap; 08-25-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Watched and posted on my Facebook page!

Very nice!

sent using tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Fantastic video!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    This was in the Alerts this morning.
    Matt is an extraordinarily good Videographer and it shows in this.

A BIG THANKS to Jim Reynolds (Who is a CHP Instructor but believes in Open Carry also) and Leyla Myers who has a unique background and understands the importance of all carry methods. These two were the only ones who didn't have to pick up their shirts to show their guns.

Both are special and it ain't because they have a CHP!

https://vimeo.com/104133502

To be fair Jim was CC in the first segment of the video.

Overall a good video, a few of those folks OC regularly not just at OC events.

I was just glad there was no mention on obtaining/needing a permission slip.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Founder's Club Member
    Very good video and an excellent perspective of just who many gun owners are.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Very good video and an excellent perspective of just who many gun owners are.
    The representation seemed to heavily favor north & central VA. What happened to Tidewater? Or the western part of the commonwealth?
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    The representation seemed to heavily favor north & central VA. What happened to Tidewater? Or the western part of the commonwealth?
    The videographer*, for some unfathomable reason, lives on NoVa. Extended exposure to clean, fresh air and sunlight that is not reflected off of chrome or mirrored windows will cause serious physical and psychological injuries.

Of course, you could also address your dismay to president@vcdl.org, possibly along with an offer to help round up people and locations for Vol. 2.

stay safe.

* - who, while an excellent one, is not "the handsome young videographer" of story and legend.
    Last edited by skidmark; 08-25-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: clarified which videographer we are talking about
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post

As Skid said, Matt lives there. Getting people to talk on camera is a nightmare to start with. Getting respectable people to talk is even harder. Driving around the state to do pro bono work is expensive and real time consuming.

Lastly, those people don't count just like hunters. All were left out.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Watched and posted on my Facebook page!
    TAZDAD, how do you do that. it seems it hung up on me
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Thanks for posting this! Shared.

VCDL's new video

Excellent Video!

Ken did a great job. Yes he lives in NOVA, but that's where the work is for him.

I've known him for a while and how no idea he was so pro 2A. Next time I see him, Ill have a LOT more to talk with him about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsfrederick; 08-25-2014 at 09:11 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    To be fair Jim was CC in the first segment of the video.

Overall a good video, a few of those folks OC regularly not just at OC events.

I was just glad there was no mention on obtaining/needing a permission slip.

I did both to show both sides of the coin. There was a method to my madness.

It was a pleasure to be involved in this project.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    TAZDAD, how do you do that. it seems it hung up on me
    I copied the link: http://vimeo.com/104133502

and pasted it in the "Whats on your mind box.

Once it appears, I just made my recommendation and clicked on post button. It is working fine on my page.

I like the video, don't mistake my question for criticism. Just curious about the number provided: 368,000.

I'm sort of guessing this must be a recent estimate of CHPs, but using that would seem to leave out all the folks who OC without one. I don't know any way to find out what that number would be... just seems a little disappointing to use this number to describe the number of gun carriers in the state. Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps the author of the text can provide further insight.

ETA: And there is another whole category: Virginia residents who carry only out-of-state permits, also not included in that number.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 08-26-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I like the video, don't mistake my question for criticism. Just curious about the number provided: 368,000.

I'm sort of guessing this must be a recent estimate of CHPs, but using that would seem to leave out all the folks who OC without one. I don't know any way to find out what that number would be... just seems a little disappointing to use this number to describe the number of gun carriers in the state. Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps the author of the text can provide further insight.

ETA: And there is another whole category: Virginia residents who carry only out-of-state permits, also not included in that number.

TFred

I'm thinking you're right about where the number comes from. From my perspective, I'd rather err on the low side than be hit with accusations of fudging our numbers, as the mommies do. Whether that was Matt & Ken's rationale or not I haven't asked.

Don't forget those who cc without a permit. They may not be law-abiding, by definition, but I'd bet there are some -- besides gangbangers.
    Last edited by Tess; 08-26-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Kudos to Matt and all involved - the video delivers a responsible message.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I'm thinking you're right about where the number comes from. From my perspective, I'd rather err on the low side than be hit with accusations of fudging our numbers, as the mommies do. .
    Not just mommies Tess. I've made a lot of fun of Kirby Burch and his 80,000 members.

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Don't forget those who cc without a permit. They may not be law-abiding, by definition, but I'd bet there are some -- besides gangbangers.
    More than a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Proshooter View Post
    I did both to show both sides of the coin. There was a method to my madness.

It was a pleasure to be involved in this project.
    My comment wasn't criticism just and observation, as I couldn't care less how anyone legally (safely) carries.

Just glad no one went the route of you need a permit to legally carry or a permit/ leo creds) makes the holder a confirmed good guy/gal.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Now Featured: War on Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    No love for revolvers?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    No love for revolvers?
    What is this, 1836?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    What is this, 1836?

And what is wrong with equipment from the 1800s?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

And what is wrong with equipment from the 1800s?
    You got me there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast