• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL's new video

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This was in the Alerts this morning.
Matt is an extraordinarily good Videographer and it shows in this.

A BIG THANKS to Jim Reynolds (Who is a CHP Instructor but believes in Open Carry also) and Leyla Myers who has a unique background and understands the importance of all carry methods. These two were the only ones who didn't have to pick up their shirts to show their guns.

Both are special and it ain't because they have a CHP!

https://vimeo.com/104133502

Last edited:

Marco

This was in the Alerts this morning.
Matt is an extraordinarily good Videographer and it shows in this.

A BIG THANKS to Jim Reynolds (Who is a CHP Instructor but believes in Open Carry also) and Leyla Myers who has a unique background and understands the importance of all carry methods. These two were the only ones who didn't have to pick up their shirts to show their guns.

Both are special and it ain't because they have a CHP!

https://vimeo.com/104133502

To be fair Jim was CC in the first segment of the video.

Overall a good video, a few of those folks OC regularly not just at OC events.

I was just glad there was no mention on obtaining/needing a permission slip.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The representation seemed to heavily favor north & central VA. What happened to Tidewater? Or the western part of the commonwealth?

The videographer*, for some unfathomable reason, lives on NoVa. Extended exposure to clean, fresh air and sunlight that is not reflected off of chrome or mirrored windows will cause serious physical and psychological injuries.

Of course, you could also address your dismay to president@vcdl.org, possibly along with an offer to help round up people and locations for Vol. 2.

stay safe.

* - who, while an excellent one, is not "the handsome young videographer" of story and legend.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The representation seemed to heavily favor north & central VA. What happened to Tidewater? Or the western part of the commonwealth?

As Skid said, Matt lives there. Getting people to talk on camera is a nightmare to start with. Getting respectable people to talk is even harder. Driving around the state to do pro bono work is expensive and real time consuming.

Lastly, those people don't count just like hunters. All were left out. :uhoh:

jsfrederick

Excellent Video!

Ken did a great job. Yes he lives in NOVA, but that's where the work is for him.

I've known him for a while and how no idea he was so pro 2A. Next time I see him, Ill have a LOT more to talk with him about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
To be fair Jim was CC in the first segment of the video.

Overall a good video, a few of those folks OC regularly not just at OC events.

I was just glad there was no mention on obtaining/needing a permission slip.

I did both to show both sides of the coin. There was a method to my madness.

It was a pleasure to be involved in this project.

TFred

I like the video, don't mistake my question for criticism. Just curious about the number provided: 368,000.

I'm sort of guessing this must be a recent estimate of CHPs, but using that would seem to leave out all the folks who OC without one. I don't know any way to find out what that number would be... just seems a little disappointing to use this number to describe the number of gun carriers in the state. Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps the author of the text can provide further insight.

ETA: And there is another whole category: Virginia residents who carry only out-of-state permits, also not included in that number.

TFred

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I like the video, don't mistake my question for criticism. Just curious about the number provided: 368,000.

I'm sort of guessing this must be a recent estimate of CHPs, but using that would seem to leave out all the folks who OC without one. I don't know any way to find out what that number would be... just seems a little disappointing to use this number to describe the number of gun carriers in the state. Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps the author of the text can provide further insight.

ETA: And there is another whole category: Virginia residents who carry only out-of-state permits, also not included in that number.

TFred

I'm thinking you're right about where the number comes from. From my perspective, I'd rather err on the low side than be hit with accusations of fudging our numbers, as the mommies do. Whether that was Matt & Ken's rationale or not I haven't asked.

Don't forget those who cc without a permit. They may not be law-abiding, by definition, but I'd bet there are some -- besides gangbangers.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm thinking you're right about where the number comes from. From my perspective, I'd rather err on the low side than be hit with accusations of fudging our numbers, as the mommies do. .

Not just mommies Tess. I've made a lot of fun of Kirby Burch and his 80,000 members. :banana:

Marco

I did both to show both sides of the coin. There was a method to my madness.

It was a pleasure to be involved in this project.

My comment wasn't criticism just and observation, as I couldn't care less how anyone legally (safely) carries.

Just glad no one went the route of you need a permit to legally carry or a permit/ leo creds) makes the holder a confirmed good guy/gal.