Thread: The number one cause of death-DEMOCIDE

The number one cause of death-DEMOCIDE

Democide

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A very dry, but interesting read. What I would like to know that wasn't presented in the data is how democide correlates to a heavily armed civilian populace like the U.S. or Switzerland.

Hmm...

Makes me think of this Milton Friedman quote...

"Those of us who have been so fortunate as to have been born in a free society tend to take freedom for granted to regard it as the natural state of mankind it is not. It is a rare and precious thing. Most people throughout history, most people today have lived in conditions of tyranny, oppression and misery, not of freedom and prosperity. The clearest demonstration of how much people value freedom is the way they vote with their feet when they have no other way to vote." ~ Milton Friedman

If democide if the biggest killer, then Friedman just described the symptoms [of democide] with his words (in bold).
    Last edited by Custodian; 08-28-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Even if not....the folks killed by their own gov't generally have no defense to stop them...