Thread: No Guns at Oscar's Pub & Grille in Limon

No Guns at Oscar's Pub & Grille in Limon

So I tried this place for the first time a couple weeks ago. I really liked the atmosphere. The food and service were great! Didn't see any No Guns signs and no one said anything about my openly carried pistol.

Today I went again with my brother and his family. Again the food and service were great. After paying the bill I went outside and my brother stayed inside to wait for his daughters to finish using the restroom. While he was waiting a man came up to him and asked him if he had a permit to carry. My brother stated that he did. The man then went on to say that he couldn't carry in there. That it might make other customers nervous and that he would have to leave.

After hearing this from my brother I disarmed and went back inside to speak to this person. When I went in I found him on the phone with the Limon police chief. He was asking about the legality of open carry. After he got off the phone I asked him if carry was not allowed he said that it wasn't. I told him that if that was the case I would not be coming back and neither would my family. He didn't seem to care at all. He told me I could leave my firearm in the car. Told him that wasn't an option and left.

Very upset about this. I thought I had found a new favorite restaurant. My brother and I were talking and we think it would be a good idea to start a restaurant where at least one person in your party had to be armed in order to eat there. Seems reasonable to me.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

Banned
    Your brother should not be answering interrogatories from anyone.

Go ahead and start your own place if you wish.

I just love the cowardly excuse of "it might make someone uncomfortable". So if a black family comes in and their presence "makes someone uncomfortable" will you ask the black family to leave too ? I bet not.

Good to know though and in a small town like Limon it won't take much to put them on the blacklist and subsequently out of business. Consider the former done and the latter in progress.

sucks....

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    So I tried this place for the first time a couple weeks ago. I really liked the atmosphere. The food and service were great! Didn't see any No Guns signs and no one said anything about my openly carried pistol.

Today I went again with my brother and his family. Again the food and service were great. After paying the bill I went outside and my brother stayed inside to wait for his daughters to finish using the restroom. While he was waiting a man came up to him and asked him if he had a permit to carry. My brother stated that he did. The man then went on to say that he couldn't carry in there. That it might make other customers nervous and that he would have to leave.

After hearing this from my brother I disarmed and went back inside to speak to this person. When I went in I found him on the phone with the Limon police chief. He was asking about the legality of open carry. After he got off the phone I asked him if carry was not allowed he said that it wasn't. I told him that if that was the case I would not be coming back and neither would my family. He didn't seem to care at all. He told me I could leave my firearm in the car. Told him that wasn't an option and left.

Very upset about this. I thought I had found a new favorite restaurant. My brother and I were talking and we think it would be a good idea to start a restaurant where at least one person in your party had to be armed in order to eat there. Seems reasonable to me.
    Sucks it happened after you paid the bill. Ever wonder if your brother said NO I dint have a permit?

Quote Originally Posted by lukaszu View Post
    Sucks it happened after you paid the bill. Ever wonder if your brother said NO I dint have a permit?

I told him he should have evaded the question. Bet the guy would have flipped if he knew people could walk around with guns without having to get government permission.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12