Thread: Ban on guns in places that sell alcohol ... struck down.

Ban on guns in places that sell alcohol ... struck down.

Monday’s Taylor v. City of Baton Rouge (M.D. La. Aug. 25, 2014) grants plaintiffs a declaratory judgment that “§ 13:95.3 unlawfully infringes upon the right of Plaintiff and other citizens to keep and bear firearms, in violation of the Second Amendment.”

http://ia902301.us.archive.org/11/it...45341.69.0.pdf

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...dment-grounds/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Scoooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre!

Inch by inch, step by step ....

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

How they will apply this to Open Carry in places where alcohol is sold remains to be seen.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

17 Baton Rouge I Parish of East Baton Rouge Code of Ordinances § 13:95.3 states,

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to have in his possession a firearm, or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon, in any premises where alcoholic beverages are sold and/or consumed on the premises except the owner or lessee of the premises, or their employees, sheriffs, ....

(b) Any sheriff, deputy sheriff, state police, city police, constables, town marshals, or persons vested with police power, may search any person found in any place where alcoholic beverages are sold and/or consumed on the premises, and shall confiscate any firearm or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon which such peace officer may find; this search shall be limited to only weapons, unless there is probable cause for a wider search. Any person who enters a place where alcoholic beverages are sold and/or consumed on the premises does, by the mere fact of entering, consent to a search of his person for any firearm or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon while on said premises, by any sheriff , deputy sheriff, state police, constable, town marshal or persons vested with police power, without a warrant.

(c) The phrase, "...premises where alcoholic beverages are sold and/or consumed on the premises" shall include all of the licensed premises, including the parking lot.

It does not appear to me that OC or CC is addressed, merely possession. There was a lot more wrong with this ordinance than criminalizing possession in your car while in a parking lot. Anyone is subject to search, without warrant, just cuz you stop at a gas station? And you consented to the search just cuz you stop at a gas station? And cops enforced this? That entire PD is a thug outfit, criminals of the highest order, for arresting even one citizen under this ordinance. They knew the law, the wording of the law, and willingly...no, gleefully, subjected a citizen to their jack-boot thuggery. I'll betcha a dollar to a box of doughnuts that no off duty cop would get searched.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    On a default judgment ... hahahaha ... lazy guberment workers.

And the case reminds me of the need to file for my motion for default against my state where I got a motion for default granted for my civil case charging the state with tampering with evidence.

And this court got it right ... a default just results in accepting facts & allegations plead as being indisputable. And from those facts the court made a reasonable decision.