Thread: Utah towns purge their gun laws

White Oak Plantation

Utah towns purge their gun laws

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Seattle WA
    If it were any other place i'd have suggested an immediate demonstration in defiance of something that clearly is not law and cannot be enforced as soon as it was enacted. Of course being a cemetary it's rather different and such a tactic would cause considerable distress to mourners. Well, glad this is being sorted finally.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

earth's crust
    Can't shoot it? What the heck!

My assumption is that this is mere housekeeping of the books, which is still a good thing, of course.

Had there been any actual issues and harassments/detainments from the old laws in some areas?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    I am glad to read that there is/was an exception for discharging a firearm (with blanks) during military honors ceremonies, but the ordinance should have also included an exception for discharging a firearm during the lawful defense of self or others.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.