• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May a non-resident get their gun rights restored in Virginia?

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
An increasing percentage of my law practice deals with gun rights restoration. Therefore, it is not surprising that I am frequently asked how, or if, a non-resident may petition to have their gun rights restored in Virginia.

The typical discussion goes something like this:

“I lived in Virginia 20 years ago.”

“While there I was convicted of felony X.”

“I have since moved to State Y.”

“State Y requires that I have my rights restored in Virginia before I can get my rights restored in State Y.”

“How do I do that?”

Read more at The Law Office of John Pierce, Esq.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Would welcome the offender back into Virginia to pursue restoration of his rights.

Non-violent offenses should not IMHO carry the same weight, nor be subject to the same process for restoration of RKBA.