• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like the FOIC really does not want to hear cases about PA13-3

davidmcbeth

Banned
I had several cases pending before the commission in respect to secret meetings held by members of the bipartisan task force that produced PA13-3.

The FIC of course decided not to hear the cases because I complain too much about things, like these secret meetings !

they held onto these FOIA Act complaints as long as possible, beyond the time allowed by law IMO to decide not to schedule the cases for hearings.

So I filed a motion to superior court demanding that the commission hear the cases....they apparently did not like that and filed a motion to dismiss on 9 AUG 14 listing frivolous reasons for the dismissal to be granted. I will file my objection tomorrow. I'm certain that the court will deny the motion to dismiss and grant an order to compel the FIC to hear the cases.

Then the fun will start ... the evidence I have of the secret meetings held in violation of the open meetings provisions is iron clad. Admissions from the folks who were in the secret meetings and paperwork evidencing the meetings.

Once a determination that the SB 1160 was created from secret meetings, then the Act fails as the law does not allow such processes and takes a dim view of legislation created in that manner.