Thread: Silvester vs Harris: "10-day waiting periods of Penal Code violate the 2nd Amendment"

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Silvester vs Harris: "10-day waiting periods of Penal Code violate the 2nd Amendment"

This issue kicked off three years ago, but has been brewing for decades. Interestingly, a whole slew of issues are before the courts these days, including whether or not and to what extent similar laws cross the line between "protecting the public" into infringing on the right to keep and bear arms.

"California Senior U.S. District Court Judge Anthony W. Ishii found that “10-day waiting periods of Penal Code violate the Second Amendment” as applied to people who fall into certain classifications. He found this arbitrary wait time “burdens the Second Amendment rights of the plaintiffs.” (The decision can be read here.) This court decision orders the California Department of Justice to allow the “unobstructed release” of guns to those who pass a background check and possess a California license to carry a handgun, or who hold a Department of Justice-issued Certificate of Eligibility and already possess at least one firearm known to the state. Basically, it says if someone already legally has a gun in California the state can’t make that person wait 10 days for a second gun just because it wants to." - Source: Forbes
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

The Capital City of Oaks - Raleigh, NC

And so my question is this...

Who pays the penalty for constructing such a law that infringes on the rights of all?

If there ever was a case for extending the definition of treason(which should be higher than any felony), this is what iot should be for.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

earth's crust
    Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    Who pays the penalty for constructing such a law that infringes on the rights of all?
    You do silly.....see? The system works.

White Oak Plantation
    There are 56 other states to choose from...except those other states that do not recognize the 2A.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016