Thread: When officer safety is job No. 1, the public suffers. By Charles Hurt - - August 26

When officer safety is job No. 1, the public suffers. By Charles Hurt - - August 26

“I think officer safety is the number one issue,” Chief Dotson explained to reporters after two of his officers reportedly fired nine rounds into an accused shoplifter who was apparently armed with a knife. Such a statement may sound perfectly reasonable in the upside down world where allegiance to your labor union trumps allegiance to the public or allegiance to your employer.

But step back and consider: Is a police officer’s number one job really to protect himself and his partner? Really?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...the-public-su/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    We need more cops for officer safety. Please hand over your money or we will take it by force.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Question Officer safety

Same as us, right?

Consider. No FIREMAN would ever say that. None. Period.

Anyone who does say it, or acts on it, in this kind of a public safety roll (or the military) is a coward, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Consider. No FIREMAN would ever say that. None. Period.

Anyone who does say it, or acts on it, in this kind of a public safety roll (or the military) is a coward, pure and simple.
    That's why fireman are my heros.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

If that is the case, then cops should never pull over a car for speeding at night and then walk up to the darkened vehicle to ask for license and registration.
    This dude has been reading my posts here on OCDO.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Firemen are Awwwwesome

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    That's why fireman are my heros.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Mine Too !

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?