• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL says the "H" word

Old Virginia Joe

abuse of county power!

Oh, yeah, another example of abuse of our Liberties by county zoning nazis, drunk on power, and leading so-called county supervisros around by the nose on one issue or the other. These supervisors are presented these ordinances by zoning officials, who have careers invested in doing such things TO the People, and the part-time supes who are neither lawyers nor knowledgeable about the Constitution are too intimidated by these "professional" planners to speak against their initiatives on the monthly agendas. Every month it is one more assault against our American dream after another!

My own example, you may remember here on OCDO, is how my Virginia county threatened me with legal action if I did not cease any camping on my own farm (86 acres) with a single camper! Even one day/night is prohibited! Tents are also prohibited, unless I agreed to apply for for and be granted a "campground permit" by the county, for a $1,350 fee, plus whatever upgrades they might require! Fortunately for me and my family including 3 boys, the Rutherford Institute of Charlottesville has taken my case and is defending our Liberty on this issue! We go to court September 23! We could use any support that day in Suffolk! Pray for Liberty to prevail!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh, yeah, another example of abuse of our Liberties by county zoning nazis, drunk on power, and leading so-called county supervisros around by the nose on one issue or the other. These supervisors are presented these ordinances by zoning officials, who have careers invested in doing such things TO the People, and the part-time supes who are neither lawyers nor knowledgeable about the Constitution are too intimidated by these "professional" planners to speak against their initiatives on the monthly agendas. Every month it is one more assault against our American dream after another!

My own example, you may remember here on OCDO, is how my Virginia county threatened me with legal action if I did not cease any camping on my own farm (86 acres) with a single camper! Even one day/night is prohibited! Tents are also prohibited, unless I agreed to apply for for and be granted a "campground permit" by the county, for a $1,350 fee, plus whatever upgrades they might require! Fortunately for me and my family including 3 boys, the Rutherford Institute of Charlottesville has taken my case and is defending our Liberty on this issue! We go to court September 23! We could use any support that day in Suffolk! Pray for Liberty to prevail!

Had no idea that the county had actually charged you.

IMO it is absurd to restrict such limited use, especially on rural property.

Suggest that you start a separate thread with details on the charge and where/when the hearing - post here too and link to the new thread.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

That's good news Joe!
I'll try to make it to the trial.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
carpooling from Richmond to Suffolk General District Court 9/23

I have 2 seats open in the Gimpmobile.

Of all the times I have ferried Grapeshot around, I have not killed him - yet.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have 2 seats open in the Gimpmobile.

Of all the times I have ferried Grapeshot around, I have not killed him - yet.

stay safe.
That's because you want me to hear the end of your story.

Putting my bid in for SG.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So why do we not OC in National Forests?

So, when are we gonna get OC in National Forests?

Jefferson is still spinning in his grave.
You didn't get the memo?

The only regulations specific to use of weapons imposed by the Forest Service is that you cannot discharge a weapon within 150 yards of any structure/development or occupied area, within or into a cave, across or on a road or body of water, or in any manner that endangers a person. You also cannot use any tracer or incendiary ammunition. Forest Service regulations require that you also comply with all State laws regarding the use of firearms while hunting.

It is also a good idea regardless, just to contact the local Forest Service District or Forest Offices in advance of your visit to ask the same question, as they are more aware of local ranges and other opportunities, local orders or restrictions, issues and special conditions that may affect you.
http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/trails/welcome.shtml

http://cfr.regstoday.com/36cfr261.aspx

http://cfr.regstoday.com/36cfr261.aspx#36_CFR_261p8

wittmeba

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You didn't get the memo?

The only regulations specific to use of weapons imposed by the Forest Service is that you cannot discharge a weapon within 150 yards of any structure/development or occupied area, within or into a cave, across or on a road or body of water, or in any manner that endangers a person. You also cannot use any tracer or incendiary ammunition. Forest Service regulations require that you also comply with all State laws regarding the use of firearms while hunting.

It is also a good idea regardless, just to contact the local Forest Service District or Forest Offices in advance of your visit to ask the same question, as they are more aware of local ranges and other opportunities, local orders or restrictions, issues and special conditions that may affect you.
http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/trails/welcome.shtml

http://cfr.regstoday.com/36cfr261.aspx

http://cfr.regstoday.com/36cfr261.aspx#36_CFR_261p8

Except for the part where Virginia law forbids carry out of season, and allows the governing agency to delineate portions of National Forests as being completely gun-free.

None of the portions of the Jefferson National Forest near where I live are OC-friendly. And reform is not forthcoming.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+reg+4VAC15-40-60

https://www.vcdl.org/chp

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
david -

Are those the "no cops" that you regularly serve with trespass notices?

I did notice that the noise of a human voice - regardless of the inanity of the words - is not targeted, so you would have nothing to fear when you come down here for a visit.

stay safe.

Lived as in past, not present ... I don't know if there is a noise ordinance where I live today .. but when I shoot my gun at a varmint, no cops show up.

Noise of a human voice = loud music if just a cappella ?