Thread: My wife's not special anymore (Except to me)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

My wife's not special anymore (Except to me)

My wife ran out a little while ago and told me her CHP had expired in July and she didn't realize it.

The horror of it all !!!!

We're going to the Clerks office in a few minutes.

This is a rare CHP post from me!

Wowwie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    My wife ran out a little while ago and told me her CHP had expired in July and she didn't realize it.

The horror of it all !!!!

We're going to the Clerks office in a few minutes.

This is a rare CHP post from me!
    Really... this is serious!!!

Seems just s a few minutes of your talking to her would calm her...
    Did she feint? Did she stampede?, was blood running in the street?

I think she should slow down and take a breath,,, relax,,, it Will be OK...
    You know what to do...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

What, she's too special to OC?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    What, she's too special to OC?
    I think she likes to have options....and yes, she is very special lady.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I went with her to that evil place to catch them doing something Illegal....which I did but read on.

We went up to the Clerks office after I left my gun, knife, change and belt in the car (The metal detector still got the steel in my leg)

They've changed things and you have to do the CHP's in the back now. A very attractive and pleasant young lady helped her.

She smiled and said "You sure aren't the only one who forgot this month, and gave her the application. As Jane was filling it out I told her the SSN, telephone and email address were optional and not to fill them out. The Clerk said "I'm sure they're required"....I said "I'm sure they aren't"....I had them ...then she said she'd double check and came back and said they weren't required but if there was a problem, they needed to contact her.

I said "Send a letter".

Then she gave Jane an envelope and asked her to put her mailing information on it.....I really had them then and said "And you want postage"...."No, we take care of that and it's not required, it's just faster to mail it usually" she said....Damn

After all was filled out and the tribute to the county was paid I said "Now you want us to take it to the Sheriff's Office, Right?"...."Oh no, we take it over there" she replied........Double dog damn, they're real close to doing everything right.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    ...After all was filled out and the tribute to the county was paid I said "Now you want us to take it to the Sheriff's Office, Right?"...."Oh no, we take it over there" she replied........Double dog damn, they're real close to doing everything right.
    Well dang, we can't be having any of that now can we.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Well dang, we can't be having any of that now can we.
    Hanover has been a prime offender for years. VCDL worked on them, Proshooter worked on them and I worked on them with very little success. Someone hit the right button.

From what I gather/know Greene Co has been trouble free in this area...
    Under former Sheriff Haas and the current Sheriff Steve Smith no issues.

Only $15, no extra legal requirements or leg work, turn around is apprx 2 weeks.

Almost makes me want to get one (not).
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Almost makes me want to get one (not).
    I like this guy.

All y'all have to realize the specialness of peter nap's Keeper. Part of that role is to present an appearance to the general public that he can be controlled by sweet words and an occasional rolling of the eyes.

Were the public to notice that she "needs" to carry a firearm they might start checking the stoutness of the barrier between them and the esteemed gentleman - much like the show they put on pushing and pulling on the cage before the lions are released into the center ring where waits a brave soul with a whip, chair, and prominently displayed large revolver.

Sadly, the Commonwealth does not recognize the service she provides, and thus makes her submit semi-dicenial tribute. (They ought to be glad it is paid in money and not by a deer carcass. Knowing her, she would probably dump a still-bleeding one on the Governor's dining room table.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    All y'all have to realize the specialness of peter nap's Keeper. Part of that role is to present an appearance to the general public that he can be controlled by sweet words and an occasional rolling of the eyes.

Were the public to notice that she "needs" to carry a firearm they might start checking the stoutness of the barrier between them and the esteemed gentleman - much like the show they put on pushing and pulling on the cage before the lions are released into the center ring where waits a brave soul with a whip, chair, and prominently displayed large revolver.

Sadly, the Commonwealth does not recognize the service she provides, and thus makes her submit semi-dicenial tribute. (They ought to be glad it is paid in money and not by a deer carcass. Knowing her, she would probably dump a still-bleeding one on the Governor's dining room table.)

stay safe.
    Well put, Skid.

Peter has an inimitable style, uses many covert tactics to good end, and is as dependable and effective as they come. His keeper, full of Southern charm and grace, is fully capable of taking charge and getting the job done, as she has demonstrated most recently. They make a hellova team.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Actually, mr nap, there are many of us who consider your wife to be a very special person

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Actually, mr nap, there are many of us who consider your wife to be a very special person
    +1 she is a brave, and obviously special woman if she can keep him in line ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    +2

sent using tapatalk
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Even more...

Originally Posted by scouser
    Originally Posted by va_tazdad
    She keeps him alive. Don, we know YOU won't look after yourself nearly as well as she does.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-28-2014 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Formating
    Appleseed, Virginia State Coordinator
    Are you a Rifleman yet?
    http://appleseedinfo.org

I am beginning to think there might have been an ulterior motive to letting the CHP expire.

See http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...9-2-14-at-7-pm (until it's moved to the Events section). Great excuse for her to haul out her BBQ gun.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

It's a good thing she hadn't been carrying all that time - otherwise someone might have blown the spousal privilege.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.