• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My wife's not special anymore (Except to me)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My wife ran out a little while ago and told me her CHP had expired in July and she didn't realize it.

The horror of it all !!!!:lol::banana::lol:

We're going to the Clerks office in a few minutes.

This is a rare CHP post from me! :uhoh::uhoh:

1245A Defender

Wowwie!!!!

My wife ran out a little while ago and told me her CHP had expired in July and she didn't realize it.

The horror of it all !!!!:lol::banana::lol:

We're going to the Clerks office in a few minutes.

This is a rare CHP post from me! :uhoh::uhoh:

Really... this is serious!!!

Seems just s a few minutes of your talking to her would calm her...
Did she feint? Did she stampede?, was blood running in the street?

I think she should slow down and take a breath,,, relax,,, it Will be OK...
You know what to do...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I went with her to that evil place to catch them doing something Illegal....which I did but read on.

We went up to the Clerks office after I left my gun, knife, change and belt in the car (The metal detector still got the steel in my leg:uhoh:)

They've changed things and you have to do the CHP's in the back now. A very attractive and pleasant young lady helped her.

She smiled and said "You sure aren't the only one who forgot this month, and gave her the application. As Jane was filling it out I told her the SSN, telephone and email address were optional and not to fill them out. The Clerk said "I'm sure they're required"....I said "I'm sure they aren't"....I had them :cool: ...then she said she'd double check and came back and said they weren't required but if there was a problem, they needed to contact her.

I said "Send a letter". :dude:

Then she gave Jane an envelope and asked her to put her mailing information on it.....I really had them then and said "And you want postage"...."No, we take care of that and it's not required, it's just faster to mail it usually" she said....Damn :mad:

After all was filled out and the tribute to the county was paid I said "Now you want us to take it to the Sheriff's Office, Right?"...."Oh no, we take it over there" she replied........Double dog damn, they're real close to doing everything right. :mad:

OC for ME

...After all was filled out and the tribute to the county was paid I said "Now you want us to take it to the Sheriff's Office, Right?"...."Oh no, we take it over there" she replied........Double dog damn, they're real close to doing everything right. :mad:
Well dang, we can't be having any of that now can we. ;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well dang, we can't be having any of that now can we. ;)

Hanover has been a prime offender for years. VCDL worked on them, Proshooter worked on them and I worked on them with very little success. Someone hit the right button.

Marco

From what I gather/know Greene Co has been trouble free in this area...
Under former Sheriff Haas and the current Sheriff Steve Smith no issues.

Only $15, no extra legal requirements or leg work, turn around is apprx 2 weeks.

Almost makes me want to get one (not).

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
All y'all have to realize the specialness of peter nap's Keeper. Part of that role is to present an appearance to the general public that he can be controlled by sweet words and an occasional rolling of the eyes.

Were the public to notice that she "needs" to carry a firearm they might start checking the stoutness of the barrier between them and the esteemed gentleman - much like the show they put on pushing and pulling on the cage before the lions are released into the center ring where waits a brave soul with a whip, chair, and prominently displayed large revolver.

Sadly, the Commonwealth does not recognize the service she provides, and thus makes her submit semi-dicenial tribute. (They ought to be glad it is paid in money and not by a deer carcass. Knowing her, she would probably dump a still-bleeding one on the Governor's dining room table.)

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All y'all have to realize the specialness of peter nap's Keeper. Part of that role is to present an appearance to the general public that he can be controlled by sweet words and an occasional rolling of the eyes.

Were the public to notice that she "needs" to carry a firearm they might start checking the stoutness of the barrier between them and the esteemed gentleman - much like the show they put on pushing and pulling on the cage before the lions are released into the center ring where waits a brave soul with a whip, chair, and prominently displayed large revolver.

Sadly, the Commonwealth does not recognize the service she provides, and thus makes her submit semi-dicenial tribute. (They ought to be glad it is paid in money and not by a deer carcass. Knowing her, she would probably dump a still-bleeding one on the Governor's dining room table.)

stay safe.

Well put, Skid.

Peter has an inimitable style, uses many covert tactics to good end, and is as dependable and effective as they come. His keeper, full of Southern charm and grace, is fully capable of taking charge and getting the job done, as she has demonstrated most recently. They make a hellova team.

scouser

Actually, mr nap, there are many of us who consider your wife to be a very special person

The Wolfhound

Even more...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by scouser
Actually, mr nap, there are many of us who consider your wife to be a very special person
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by va_tazdad
+1 she is a brave, and obviously special woman if she can keep him in line ;>)
She keeps him alive. Don, we know YOU won't look after yourself nearly as well as she does.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

user

Accomplished Advocate
It's a good thing she hadn't been carrying all that time - otherwise someone might have blown the spousal privilege.