Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Davis City Council Tells Police Get Rid Of MRAP Military Vehicle w/in 60 days

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,150

    Davis City Council Tells Police Get Rid Of MRAP Military Vehicle w/in 60 days

    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Get the "tank" for free and then sell it. Sounds like a potential revenue stream to me.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  3. #3
    Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kenosha County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    338
    "Davis Police Chief Landry Black made the department’s case for the acquisition, showing high-power weapons his officers have confiscated this year." Oh, so without the MRAP they couldn't have confiscated these oh-so-deadly sporting rifles? How does that work - drive this vehicle right through the walls of a person's home in order to grab whatever firearms they see? Hey, at that point they're all in plain sight, aren't they?

    And this top cop wants us to believe "it's a necessary piece of safety equipment". Sure, maybe in a war zone... But really, how hazardous is Davis, CA?

    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

  4. #4
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Have Gun - Will Carry View Post
    "Davis Police Chief Landry Black made the department’s case for the acquisition, showing high-power weapons his officers have confiscated this year." Oh, so without the MRAP they couldn't have confiscated these oh-so-deadly sporting rifles? How does that work - drive this vehicle right through the walls of a person's home in order to grab whatever firearms they see? Hey, at that point they're all in plain sight, aren't they?

    And this top cop wants us to believe "it's a necessary piece of safety equipment". Sure, maybe in a war zone... But really, how hazardous is Davis, CA?

    I've been to Davis. It is, after all, a college town...if ya know what I mean. Only a hour and seven minutes for UC Berkeley.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  5. #5
    Regular Member Baked on Grease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sterling, Va.
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I've been to Davis. It is, after all, a college town...if ya know what I mean. Only a hour and seven minutes for UC Berkeley.
    Well, with officer Pepper Spray over there, we all need MRAP's...
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

    "According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

    Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    If MRAPs are necessary, how the hell did police get by before MRAPs?

  7. #7
    Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kenosha County, Wisconsin
    Posts
    338
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    If MRAPs are necessary, how the hell did police get by before MRAPs?
    That's exactly what I was thinking... It's a testament to the low intelligence of most who read the newspaper/watch the MSM "news", that 90% of them wouldn't even catch his statement - or (on the slim chance they do hear it) question it!

    Maybe I should modify the quote in my sig line to include police chiefs along with politicians...
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I'll give 'em $200 for it (likely about what they paid). Interestingly, Obamalama temporarily stopped the program 'cause towns were getting stuff for basically nothing and then just re-selling them.

  9. #9
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    It is not the cost of the item desired, but the S&H that gets ya.

    $12.99 for 'X' with a $14.99 S&H.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •