• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gottlieb challenges Gates to debate gun control!

Dave Workman

rapgood

Gates, Ballmer, Allen and Hanauer are all cowards hiding behind their money (and armed body guards) and won't pick up the gauntlet, anyway. Though, I'd sure love it if they did!

Dave_pro2a

And your better idea is....??????

"I CHALLENGE DIANE FINESWSINE TO A DEBATE AT NOON ON THURSDAY."

"I CHALLENGE JOE BIDEN TO A DEBATE AT NOON ON FRIDAY."

"I CHALLENGE JIM MCDERMOTT TO A DEBATE AT NOON ON MONDAY."

"ETC."

Dumb ploy for headlines. A multi billionaire is not going to clear is plate to debate some no-name reporter or activist.

Argue with logic.

Dave_pro2a

And your better idea is....??????

IDK man, but if I got paid to come up with ideas (like Alan Gottlieb does), then I'd sure try to come up with something that doesn't suck like his 2nd grade style playground challenge.

And no, I didn't click your spam link ;)

Last edited:

Dave Workman

"I CHALLENGE DIANE FINESWSINE TO A DEBATE AT NOON ON THURSDAY."

"I CHALLENGE JOE BIDEN TO A DEBATE AT NOON ON FRIDAY."

"I CHALLENGE JIM MCDERMOTT TO A DEBATE AT NOON ON MONDAY."

"ETC."

Dumb ploy for headlines. A multi billionaire is not going to clear is plate to debate some no-name reporter or activist.

Argue with logic.

Okay, share with the group here YOUR strategy to defeat I-594.

Dave Workman

IDK man, but if I got paid to come up with ideas (like Alan Gottlieb does), then I'd sure try to come up with something that doesn't suck like his 2nd grade style playground challenge.

And no, I didn't click your spam link ;)

IDK man... you mean, "I don't know?"

Might have guessed.

---------------------------------------------

meanwhile, for the rest of you:

Gun rights backers to begin airing ads as anti-gunners play Chicken Little

Washington State backers of Initiative 591, which prohibits gun confiscation without due process and requires background checks to comply with a uniform national standard, will begin airing advertisements for their measure on Monday, the Associated Press is reporting today.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun...iring-ads-as-anti-gunners-play-chicken-little

Dave Workman

Gates, Ballmer, Allen and Hanauer are all cowards hiding behind their money (and armed body guards) and won't pick up the gauntlet, anyway. Though, I'd sure love it if they did!

Well counselor, if Gates does accept, we'll be sure to let you know so you can get a good seat in the audience.

Dave Workman

If that does debate, I'd love to OC there and hope many others would too!

Keep us informed ( as if you wouldn't).

Robert:
I knew we could count on you for a promised low-key entrance!

:lol:

If this does come to fruition we'll definitely give everyone plenty of advance notice.

()pen(arry

The only complaint I'd make is that the sensationalist font size and color are not only annoying, but detract from the strength of the message. I just recently told my dad, who insists upon forwarding chain emails, "Pro tip: if the email contains enlarged or colored font, it's bullsh't." Do yourself a favor, Dave, and just post. Trying to grab attention is self-defeating.

jsanchez

So how come.....

You guys aren't doing any counter commercials?

What about showing yes 10s of thousands of guns are bought over the internet but they all go thru background checks when they are picked up at the gun stores.

Two, show what happens at a parking lot sale. Gun seller shows up asks for conceal carry permit and ID, copies id and permit with phone pic, asks the buyer why he wants the gun, giving good reason, and then point out that no one has been killed or hurt by this, and if the other side comes up with an example, say its one in million. Also point out cops don't have a problem with this because they know the bad guys aren't getting there guns this way.

The other side is lying, lets tell the truth.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

You guys aren't doing any counter commercials?

What about showing yes 10s of thousands of guns are bought over the internet but they all go thru background checks when they are picked up at the gun stores.

Two, show what happens at a parking lot sale. Gun seller shows up asks for conceal carry permit and ID, copies id and permit with phone pic, asks the buyer why he wants the gun, giving good reason, and then point out that no one has been killed or hurt by this, and if the other side comes up with an example, say its one in million. Also point out cops don't have a problem with this because they know the bad guys aren't getting there guns this way.

The other side is lying, lets tell the truth.

Apparently you don't read much:

Gun rights backers to begin airing ads as anti-gunners play Chicken Little

Washington State backers of Initiative 591, which prohibits gun confiscation without due process and requires background checks to comply with a uniform national standard, will begin airing advertisements for their measure on Monday, the Associated Press is reporting today.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-rights-backers-to-begin-airing-ads-as-anti-gunners-play-chicken-little

Last edited:

Dave Workman

CCRKBA’s Gottlieb ups the ante in his challenge to debate Gates

After days of waiting with no reply from billionaire Bill Gates in his challenge to debate the merits, or lack thereof, of Initiative 594, gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb today upped the ante, offering to face both Gates and anti-gun former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, another billionaire backing the initiative.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bre...eb-ups-the-ante-his-challenge-to-debate-gates

EMNofSeattle

CCRKBA’s Gottlieb ups the ante in his challenge to debate Gates

After days of waiting with no reply from billionaire Bill Gates in his challenge to debate the merits, or lack thereof, of Initiative 594, gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb today upped the ante, offering to face both Gates and anti-gun former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, another billionaire backing the initiative.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bre...eb-ups-the-ante-his-challenge-to-debate-gates

Billy and Bloomy ain't coming dave, best you'll get is little ralphie and he's a nobody.

I would like to see some no on 594 commercials though. I've been donating to WECARE for that reason..... I think this debate challenge is symbolism and not substance

Speaking of which you have several sheriffs listed as opposed to 594 on the WECARE site, maybe snag one up ( preferably thurston county) and run a thirty second no commercial

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Billy and Bloomy ain't coming dave, best you'll get is little ralphie and he's a nobody.

I would like to see some no on 594 commercials though. I've been donating to WECARE for that reason..... I think this debate challenge is symbolism and not substance

Speaking of which you have several sheriffs listed as opposed to 594 on the WECARE site, maybe snag one up ( preferably thurston county) and run a thirty second no commercial

Come up with the advertising money and the production costs. :)

EMNofSeattle

Come up with the advertising money and the production costs. :)

I certainly have donated...... And I'm sure plenty of others have as well. What frustrates me is the seeming lack of game plan and I'm hoping that's not because I'm not privy and there is one in place. Ok I'm donating money I'm rostling up votes from people who are not otherwise active voters, what else can I do? What kind of connections do you wNt found? Do we need to rent a grange hall and gave a dinner with gottlieb fundraiser?

And does anyone have photos of blackmail quality on Wayne we can use to get the nra to fund something, if yes email them to eriknervik@gmail your anonymity will be protected ;)

Last edited: