Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Bible Belt madness: handcuffed man's death ruled a suicide

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212

    Thumbs down Bible Belt madness: handcuffed man's death ruled a suicide

    http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/victor-white-iii/

    Why does this crap always seem to happen in the Bible Belt? I'll tell you why: the sheeple there have had it beaten into their heads that god wants them to completely submit to earthly authority. It's like North Korea, only with Jesus thrown into the mix.

    So how did some guy with his hands cuffed behind his back shoot himself in the chest?

    Why would some guy arrested on pissant drug charges, with decades of life ahead of him, commit suicide?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    For the same reason that I might given similar circumstances; not wanting to live in a world that allows such to happen. I've had a full life, confessed my faith and been saved Sola Fide, I have a daughter that will never see the world or life that I had. Better me while my blood is hot and my grip firm than she. When they come for your guns, take one or two with you.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member cjohnson44546's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    195
    This has nothing to do with religion, but your hate of religion lets you twist this into being something about religion...

    And speaking specifically of Christianity, Christians are not supposed to "completely submit to earthly authority" as you say it... If you research deeper, they only submit to a certain degree, depending on the authority and what they are doing/ask/requiring/forcing of the people.

  4. #4
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    This has nothing to do with religion, but your hate of religion lets you twist this into being something about religion...

    And speaking specifically of Christianity, Christians are not supposed to "completely submit to earthly authority" as you say it... If you research deeper, they only submit to a certain degree, depending on the authority and what they are doing/ask/requiring/forcing of the people.
    Wow, you got the OP hates religion from his short posting about the bible belt? I am truly amazed at your projection of that concept, outstanding i might add, scary, but truly outstanding.

    and perhaps you can tell who's mind , specifically, are you referring when you state...'to a certain degree' and perhaps you can enlighten those who have or have not 'researched deeper' of which 'authority' are you specifically referring to?

    finally, you have not provided any sustenance to refute his claim, but rather only hidden behind the concept he espoused Bible thumping rhetoric.

    Allahu akbar or Soli Deo gloria, or the myriad other names offered to address an individual's spiritual deity to satisfy their personal belief. so mote it be!

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #5
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Well, Isaiah Lewis, is mentioned, so there is a connection-ish.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  6. #6
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/victor-white-iii/

    Why does this crap always seem to happen in the Bible Belt? I'll tell you why: the sheeple there have had it beaten into their heads that god wants them to completely submit to earthly authority. It's like North Korea, only with Jesus thrown into the mix.

    So how did some guy with his hands cuffed behind his back shoot himself in the chest?

    Why would some guy arrested on pissant drug charges, with decades of life ahead of him, commit suicide?
    I'm in the Bible Belt, I don't think that is true. If there is any data showing that there is a higher number of police apologists within the Bible Belt than elsewhere (even without further data or logical analysis showing that it's a result of religious beliefs edit: or data showing there is a higher amount of police abuse, or data showing that the higher amount of police abuse is a result of apologists) please show it... Otherwise I'll just take that part of your post as trying to force an opportunity to take a dig at Christians - it's really a bit of a stretch, bub.

    As to what happened with the guy, yeah, pretty questionable circumstances.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-28-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  7. #7
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,866
    hummm, 19 Nov 13, Durham NC: quote The Durham police officer who searched Jesus Huerta did not find the .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun the 17-year-old used to kill himself, according to a report. Huerta died in the back of a squad car on Nov. 19. unquote
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1576324

    oh he was handcuffed w/hands behind his back yet autopsy showed he had been shot in the face?

    odd coincidences since both are in Bible belts, huh...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-28-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    This has nothing to do with religion, but your hate of religion lets you twist this into being something about religion...

    And speaking specifically of Christianity, Christians are not supposed to "completely submit to earthly authority" as you say it... If you research deeper, they only submit to a certain degree, depending on the authority and what they are doing/ask/requiring/forcing of the people.
    lol the bible says anything you want it to.

    Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
    See be absolutely submissive to the gov.

    Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
    See don't do it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    It's possible. Vince Foster. (You could look it up.)

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Regular Member cjohnson44546's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    lol the bible says anything you want it to.

    Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
    See be absolutely submissive to the gov.

    Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
    See don't do it.
    Always easy to twist words when you take them out of context, which a lot of people love to do with Bible verses. Anyone reading that actually wants a good explanation, in context, read here... http://www.gci.org/bible/rom13

    Not going to debate religious principles here, as its not the topic of the forum, even if the poster tried to take shots at Christianity in his post... I doubt religion had anything to do with this mans suicide... and a bunch of armchair 'lawyers' and 'experts' (in their own minds) on a forum with probably less than 10% of the facts just leads to a lot of wild speculation.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    10% of those facts are he was handcuffed and searched, and put into a police car, yet still somehow got ahold of a gun and killed himself?


    Seems to be enough facts to know something is up.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    Always easy to twist words when you take them out of context, which a lot of people love to do with Bible verses. Anyone reading that actually wants a good explanation, in context, read here... http://www.gci.org/bible/rom13

    Not going to debate religious principles here, as its not the topic of the forum, even if the poster tried to take shots at Christianity in his post... I doubt religion had anything to do with this mans suicide... and a bunch of armchair 'lawyers' and 'experts' (in their own minds) on a forum with probably less than 10% of the facts just leads to a lot of wild speculation.
    I disagree with your opinion. Multiple religions based on the same context think each other is going to hell for their interpretation. But I agree that it's a useless discussion and not for this forum.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  13. #13
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,727
    I'm to follow the word of God. At least 90%, if not more, of the bible is hearsay, not the word of God. And usually relying on hearsay leads you down the wrong road.

    As to this case, the hearsay makes you wonder what happened.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    Always easy to twist words when you take them out of context, which a lot of people love to do with Bible verses. Anyone reading that actually wants a good explanation, in context, read here... http://www.gci.org/bible/rom13

    Not going to debate religious principles here, as its not the topic of the forum, even if the poster tried to take shots at Christianity in his post... I doubt religion had anything to do with this mans suicide... and a bunch of armchair 'lawyers' and 'experts' (in their own minds) on a forum with probably less than 10% of the facts just leads to a lot of wild speculation.
    Isn't there some wine or something that you need to go and drink? Take the crap to some religious forum.

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,727
    This thread is going way off track.

    It needs to be locked.

    Reasonable discussion is OK, but this is going beyond.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •