• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bible Belt madness: handcuffed man's death ruled a suicide

state hater

Banned
http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/victor-white-iii/

Why does this crap always seem to happen in the Bible Belt? I'll tell you why: the sheeple there have had it beaten into their heads that god wants them to completely submit to earthly authority. It's like North Korea, only with Jesus thrown into the mix.

So how did some guy with his hands cuffed behind his back shoot himself in the chest?

Why would some guy arrested on pissant drug charges, with decades of life ahead of him, commit suicide?

cjohnson44546

This has nothing to do with religion, but your hate of religion lets you twist this into being something about religion...

And speaking specifically of Christianity, Christians are not supposed to "completely submit to earthly authority" as you say it... If you research deeper, they only submit to a certain degree, depending on the authority and what they are doing/ask/requiring/forcing of the people.

solus

This has nothing to do with religion, but your hate of religion lets you twist this into being something about religion...

And speaking specifically of Christianity, Christians are not supposed to "completely submit to earthly authority" as you say it... If you research deeper, they only submit to a certain degree, depending on the authority and what they are doing/ask/requiring/forcing of the people.

Wow, you got the OP hates religion from his short posting about the bible belt? I am truly amazed at your projection of that concept, outstanding i might add, scary, but truly outstanding.

and perhaps you can tell who's mind , specifically, are you referring when you state...'to a certain degree' and perhaps you can enlighten those who have or have not 'researched deeper' of which 'authority' are you specifically referring to?

finally, you have not provided any sustenance to refute his claim, but rather only hidden behind the concept he espoused Bible thumping rhetoric.

Allahu akbar or Soli Deo gloria, or the myriad other names offered to address an individual's spiritual deity to satisfy their personal belief. so mote it be!

ipse

stealthyeliminator

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/victor-white-iii/

Why does this crap always seem to happen in the Bible Belt? I'll tell you why: the sheeple there have had it beaten into their heads that god wants them to completely submit to earthly authority. It's like North Korea, only with Jesus thrown into the mix.

So how did some guy with his hands cuffed behind his back shoot himself in the chest?

Why would some guy arrested on pissant drug charges, with decades of life ahead of him, commit suicide?

I'm in the Bible Belt, I don't think that is true. If there is any data showing that there is a higher number of police apologists within the Bible Belt than elsewhere (even without further data or logical analysis showing that it's a result of religious beliefs edit: or data showing there is a higher amount of police abuse, or data showing that the higher amount of police abuse is a result of apologists) please show it... Otherwise I'll just take that part of your post as trying to force an opportunity to take a dig at Christians - it's really a bit of a stretch, bub.

As to what happened with the guy, yeah, pretty questionable circumstances.

Last edited:

solus

hummm, 19 Nov 13, Durham NC: quote The Durham police officer who searched Jesus Huerta did not find the .45-caliber semi-automatic handgun the 17-year-old used to kill himself, according to a report. Huerta died in the back of a squad car on Nov. 19. unquote
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/handcuffed-teen-shot-custody-police-article-1.1576324

oh he was handcuffed w/hands behind his back yet autopsy showed he had been shot in the face?

odd coincidences since both are in Bible belts, huh...

ipse

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

lol the bible says anything you want it to.

Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
See be absolutely submissive to the gov.

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
See don't do it.

cjohnson44546

lol the bible says anything you want it to.

Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
See be absolutely submissive to the gov.

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.
See don't do it.
Always easy to twist words when you take them out of context, which a lot of people love to do with Bible verses. Anyone reading that actually wants a good explanation, in context, read here... http://www.gci.org/bible/rom13

Not going to debate religious principles here, as its not the topic of the forum, even if the poster tried to take shots at Christianity in his post... I doubt religion had anything to do with this mans suicide... and a bunch of armchair 'lawyers' and 'experts' (in their own minds) on a forum with probably less than 10% of the facts just leads to a lot of wild speculation.

sudden valley gunner

10% of those facts are he was handcuffed and searched, and put into a police car, yet still somehow got ahold of a gun and killed himself?

Seems to be enough facts to know something is up.

twoskinsonemanns

Always easy to twist words when you take them out of context, which a lot of people love to do with Bible verses. Anyone reading that actually wants a good explanation, in context, read here... http://www.gci.org/bible/rom13

Not going to debate religious principles here, as its not the topic of the forum, even if the poster tried to take shots at Christianity in his post... I doubt religion had anything to do with this mans suicide... and a bunch of armchair 'lawyers' and 'experts' (in their own minds) on a forum with probably less than 10% of the facts just leads to a lot of wild speculation.

I disagree with your opinion. Multiple religions based on the same context think each other is going to hell for their interpretation. But I agree that it's a useless discussion and not for this forum.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I'm to follow the word of God. At least 90%, if not more, of the bible is hearsay, not the word of God. And usually relying on hearsay leads you down the wrong road.

As to this case, the hearsay makes you wonder what happened.

wizzi01

Isn't there some wine or something that you need to go and drink? Take the crap to some religious forum.