Thread: Complaints about a kid selling lemonade

Complaints about a kid selling lemonade

I guess some will complain about anything.

If I was driving through a neighborhood and saw kids outside as long as they are not making trouble I would think it was a safe place for kids. And anything that gets kids outside seems positive. Too much TV, Video Games, Cell Phone activities today.

https://gma.yahoo.com/adult-neighbor...221126684.html

Actually a cute story. That's right. Cute.

“When will this illegal nonsense ... stop?” Doug Wilkey wrote in reference to the lemonade stand in an email complaint to city officials on June 11 that was obtained by ABC News. “This is the value of the home that I have owned for 32 years getting ravaged! This is costing me thousands of dollars in home value & my taxes should be reduced accordingly!”
    I had to think about this one for a while. I finally concluded that Doug Wilkey must be running a brothel out of his home.

"So, let me get this straight, Mr Wilkey, we have a neighborhood that's demonstrably safe enough that a young child isn't frightened to set up a lemonade stand and have money there... and this somehow 'ravages' the value of the properties in that neighborhood?"
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 08-28-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Did the kid have the necessary permission from the Masters to conduct business?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I tend to go out of my way to encourage that entrepreneurial spirit in young ones and buy their crappy lemonade, especially in poorer neighborhoods.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I tend to go out of my way to encourage that entrepreneurial spirit in young ones and buy their crappy lemonade, especially in poorer neighborhoods.
    Yes, what kind of piece of garbage uses the brutality of the state to ride roughshod over kids, in the name of his damned property value?

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Yes, what kind of piece of garbage uses the brutality of the state to ride roughshod over kids, in the name of his damned property value?
    Another citizen.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Bitter statist, who thinks the value of his property is more important than liberty. Who wants to wager on what institutions of the state he adores?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Bitter statist, who thinks the value of his property is more important than liberty. Who wants to wager on what institutions of the state he adores?
    Why is he a statist? Because he values his property rights? Thats an assumption and a half.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Why is he a statist? Because he values his property rights? Thats an assumption and a half.
    Because he thinks it's the state's job to "preserve property values" (as though value isn't wholly subjective) by banning kids from selling lemonade.

And he uses the violent coercive force of the state for his wishes. No assumptions, logical conclusions.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-28-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Because he thinks it's the state's job to "preserve property values" (as though value isn't wholly subjective) by banning kids from selling lemonade.
    +1 Under common law if he could prove the kid was causing him damage he would be forced to sue in civil court.

He's just trying a round-a-bout way to make them lower his property taxes

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    He's just trying a round-a-bout way to make them lower his property taxes
    By trying but failing to tie his property value to the local kids lemonade/cookie stand!

Notice per the linked article, when he was asked by the cops he didn't have ANY complaint!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14963_266556723552805_7978126161027476310_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	11954