Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Complaints about a kid selling lemonade

  1. #1
    Regular Member wittmeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New Castle, Va
    Posts
    146

    Complaints about a kid selling lemonade

    I guess some will complain about anything.

    If I was driving through a neighborhood and saw kids outside as long as they are not making trouble I would think it was a safe place for kids. And anything that gets kids outside seems positive. Too much TV, Video Games, Cell Phone activities today.

    https://gma.yahoo.com/adult-neighbor...221126684.html

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
    Posts
    93
    Actually a cute story. That's right. Cute.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    “When will this illegal nonsense ... stop?” Doug Wilkey wrote in reference to the lemonade stand in an email complaint to city officials on June 11 that was obtained by ABC News. “This is the value of the home that I have owned for 32 years getting ravaged! This is costing me thousands of dollars in home value & my taxes should be reduced accordingly!”
    I had to think about this one for a while. I finally concluded that Doug Wilkey must be running a brothel out of his home.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    "So, let me get this straight, Mr Wilkey, we have a neighborhood that's demonstrably safe enough that a young child isn't frightened to set up a lemonade stand and have money there... and this somehow 'ravages' the value of the properties in that neighborhood?"
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 08-28-2014 at 04:09 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Did the kid have the necessary permission from the Masters to conduct business?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I tend to go out of my way to encourage that entrepreneurial spirit in young ones and buy their crappy lemonade, especially in poorer neighborhoods.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I tend to go out of my way to encourage that entrepreneurial spirit in young ones and buy their crappy lemonade, especially in poorer neighborhoods.
    Yes, what kind of piece of garbage uses the brutality of the state to ride roughshod over kids, in the name of his damned property value?

  8. #8
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Yes, what kind of piece of garbage uses the brutality of the state to ride roughshod over kids, in the name of his damned property value?
    Another citizen.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by state hater View Post
    Yes, what kind of piece of garbage uses the brutality of the state to ride roughshod over kids, in the name of his damned property value?
    Bitter statist, who thinks the value of his property is more important than liberty. Who wants to wager on what institutions of the state he adores?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Bitter statist, who thinks the value of his property is more important than liberty. Who wants to wager on what institutions of the state he adores?
    Why is he a statist? Because he values his property rights? Thats an assumption and a half.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Why is he a statist? Because he values his property rights? Thats an assumption and a half.
    Because he thinks it's the state's job to "preserve property values" (as though value isn't wholly subjective) by banning kids from selling lemonade.

  12. #12
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    And he uses the violent coercive force of the state for his wishes. No assumptions, logical conclusions.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-28-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Because he thinks it's the state's job to "preserve property values" (as though value isn't wholly subjective) by banning kids from selling lemonade.
    +1 Under common law if he could prove the kid was causing him damage he would be forced to sue in civil court.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member cjohnson44546's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    195
    He's just trying a round-a-bout way to make them lower his property taxes

  15. #15
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    He's just trying a round-a-bout way to make them lower his property taxes
    By trying but failing to tie his property value to the local kids lemonade/cookie stand!

    Notice per the linked article, when he was asked by the cops he didn't have ANY complaint!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  16. #16
    Regular Member MurrayRothbard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    70
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14963_266556723552805_7978126161027476310_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	11954

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •