• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Complaints about a kid selling lemonade

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
“When will this illegal nonsense ... stop?” Doug Wilkey wrote in reference to the lemonade stand in an email complaint to city officials on June 11 that was obtained by ABC News. “This is the value of the home that I have owned for 32 years getting ravaged! This is costing me thousands of dollars in home value & my taxes should be reduced accordingly!”

I had to think about this one for a while. I finally concluded that Doug Wilkey must be running a brothel out of his home.

Fallschirjmäger

"So, let me get this straight, Mr Wilkey, we have a neighborhood that's demonstrably safe enough that a young child isn't frightened to set up a lemonade stand and have money there... and this somehow 'ravages' the value of the properties in that neighborhood?"

Last edited:

Primus

Bitter statist, who thinks the value of his property is more important than liberty. Who wants to wager on what institutions of the state he adores? ;)

Why is he a statist? Because he values his property rights? Thats an assumption and a half.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk