• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Castle Rock OC Election - Both Questions Passed!!!

jackrockblc

Interesting..I recall folks complaining of LOW turnout.

My guess is that it's high by comparison. Elections are always low turnouts, especially ones not held during presidential election years. I have no evidence to back up my guess - it's merely observatory.

Sorry, I'm not tapatalk savvy, didn't mean to imply you couldn't read. We're all good!

Oh, I know. :) I was merely explaining why I couldn't read it. The app is taking off now that it's free, but I wish certain profile items were visible in it. But that'd make it cluttered (and ultimately useless).

zach

Got this notice in the inbox:

Election Commission will hold a special meeting Sept. 11

The Castle Rock Election Commission, created under the Town’s Home Rule Charter, will hold a meeting at noon Thursday, Sept. 11, in Town Hall to consider election recount procedures.

The Town Clerk has received two requests for recounts of the Aug. 19 Special Election. One request is from a registered agent of an issue committee, and another is from a registered elector.

Under the Town Code and Charter, the Election Commission is charged with establishing procedures for elections and will discuss logistics for the two requests for recounts. Specifically, the commission will evaluate procedures for election judges, use of the Accuvote machine, system testing, an audit trail, duties specific to how judges will perform the recount and how judges will rectify any discrepancies.

Results for the Aug. 19 Special Election are online at CRgov.com/specialelection.

As with all commission meetings this Election Commission meeting is open to the public, and there will be an opportunity for public comment. It will begin at noon Thursday in Town Council Chambers at Town Hall, 100 N. Wilcox St.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Got this notice in the inbox:

The Castle Rock Election Commission, created under the Town’s Home Rule Charter, will hold a meeting at noon Thursday, Sept. 11, in Town Hall to consider election recount procedures.

The Town Clerk has received two requests for recounts of the Aug. 19 Special Election. One request is from a registered agent of an issue committee, and another is from a registered elector.

Under the Town Code and Charter, the Election Commission is charged with establishing procedures for elections and will discuss logistics for the two requests for recounts. Specifically, the commission will evaluate procedures for election judges, use of the Accuvote machine, system testing, an audit trail, duties specific to how judges will perform the recount and how judges will rectify any discrepancies.

Results for the Aug. 19 Special Election are online at CRgov.com/specialelection.

As with all commission meetings this Election Commission meeting is open to the public, and there will be an opportunity for public comment. It will begin at noon Thursday in Town Council Chambers at Town Hall, 100 N. Wilcox St.

Can a commission tell a judge what to do? When I was an election judge I did what ever I wanted. I was in a heavily democratic area usually so I booted out absentee ballots if I could find any reason for doing so (except those from APO addresses).

zach

Can a commission tell a judge what to do? When I was an election judge I did what ever I wanted. I was in a heavily democratic area usually so I booted out absentee ballots if I could find any reason for doing so (except those from APO addresses).

Judges don't like being told their decision was wrong, I'm guessing this won't go far.