Thread: Obama fails history 101. Victor David Hanson

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Obama fails history 101. Victor David Hanson

He also thinks history follows some predetermined course, as if things always get better on their own. Mr. Obama often praises those he pronounces to be on the “right side of history.” He also chastises others for being on the “wrong side of history” — as though evil is vanished and the good thrives on autopilot.
    [ ... ]
    In Mr. Obama’s hazy sense of the end of history, things always must get better in the manner that updated models of iPhones and iPads are glitzier than the last. In fact, history is morally cyclical. Even technological progress is ethically neutral. It is a way either to bring more good things to more people or to facilitate evil all that much more quickly and effectively.
    [ ... ]
    A Pollyannaish belief in historical predetermination seems to substitute for action. If Mr. Obama believes that evil should be absent in the 21st century, or that the arc of the moral universe must always bend toward justice, or that being on the wrong side of history has consequences, then he may think inanimate forces can take care of things as we need merely watch.
    [ ... ]
    Mr. Obama’s naive belief in predetermined history — especially when his facts are often wrong — is a poor substitute for concrete moral action.

The Poverty of Historicism, history cannot be predetermined for human freewill.

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana The Life of Reason (1905-1906),Vol. I, Reason in Common Sense
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

The Capital City of Oaks - Raleigh, NC

I see you and I raise you!

Wait, isn't this the same Barry Soetaro who said he was a "constitutional law professor"?

Or here

And yet he somehow fails in basic enforcement of said constitution

Of this, him and me agree on one point...

That the U.S. Constitution is deeply flawed.

And it is.

The fact and FLAW is this, it doesn't lay out any real punishment for those who write laws or the like or worse enforce these unconstitutional laws.

It should have been a matter of treason to do so and enforceable by any elected official/militia, etc, not just the US congress and senate, or by federal agents, who tend to be bound by politics more often than not. (I'd love to see a Virginia sheriff march over to the White House and put any sitting US president in custody and toss his butt in the clink for suspicion of high crimes and misdemeanors)

I totally believe in this: any representative, senator, judge, president, law enforcer or bureaucrat that violates, knowingly or not, through law, edict, or writ, the rights of the citizens of this great republic, should stand trial for treason, abuse of power, and numerous color of the law violations.

Then they should be stripped of their position (and can never ever serve in any public policy making or be re-elected forevermore), power, wealth (yes there should be a tax on wrongdoing, why not? there is a tax on everything else!), and if the charge is heinous enough, to lose their lives, immediately, to be summarily hung out back behind a federal courthouse (or shot, if they served in the military at some point).

And it should be televised.
    Last edited by Custodian; 08-28-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Carlinesque thinking
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    I read that crapolla and feel so dirty afterwards. Must go take a shower and try to clean up.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.