Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Some crap you probably don't care about.

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Some crap you probably don't care about.

    I gutted some fake paracord and shoved some light fishing gear in it. Hitched it to my keychain. Always have fishing tackle with me in case "briefly" doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to an activist with a badge... There are all kinds of places to fish around here... Accidental expoure makes me want to go fishing, weird Pavlovian reaction... So, as soon as it happens, I'm on my way to go fishing.

    If you can't figure out how to make it yourself, I might make a more detailed video if there's interest. It's not that complicated though... I doubt anyone gives a sh!t anyway.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3x_BZv6Hk0
    Last edited by ixtow; 08-29-2014 at 01:07 AM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Making the video will keep you busy for a while.

    Small, very portable fishing gear might be of interest to many people. Could easily be part of a bugout bag.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 2OLD2W8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Black Waters
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I gutted some fake paracord and shoved some light fishing gear in it. Hitched it to my keychain. Always have fishing tackle with me in case "briefly" doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to an activist with a badge... There are all kinds of places to fish around here... Accidental expoure makes me want to go fishing, weird Pavlovian reaction... So, as soon as it happens, I'm on my way to go fishing.

    If you can't figure out how to make it yourself, I might make a more detailed video if there's interest. It's not that complicated though... I doubt anyone gives a sh!t anyway.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3x_BZv6Hk0
    Good idea....I'm always looking for super ultra-light fishing gear that does not require a fishing license to use!!!!
    I had one of those activist with a badge types tell me I had to use a pole and have a valid fishing license, I smiled at him almost continuously until the supervisor I requested arrived on scene.....His supervisor and I discussed the statutes and his officers failings. The "badged ignoramus" was schooled and received his butt chewing and then apologized as directed.....
    It was a good day.....

    **HUMOR WARNING**

    A "badged ignoramus" is a recently identified H0M0 erectus, classified as an evolving biological anomaly under our primate order....a very different and distinct H0M0 ( hominids ) of our Genus which is spreading rapidly. Over the long term, experts predict this H0M0, if not restrained and controlled will supersede any ‘similar model’ of animal due to their unique advantages.
    Last edited by 2OLD2W8; 08-29-2014 at 09:51 AM.
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

    "free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 2OLD2W8 View Post
    Good idea....I'm always looking for super ultra-light fishing gear that does not require a fishing license to use!!!!
    I had one of those activist with a badge types tell me I had to use a pole and have a valid fishing license, I smiled at him almost continuously until the supervisor I requested arrived on scene.....His supervisor and I discussed the statutes and his officers failings. The "badged ignoramus" was schooled and received his butt chewing and then apologized as directed.....
    It was a good day.....

    **HUMOR WARNING**

    A "badged ignoramus" is a recently identified H0M0 erectus, classified as an evolving biological anomaly under our primate order....a very different and distinct H0M0 ( hominids ) of our Genus which is spreading rapidly. Over the long term, experts predict this H0M0, if not restrained and controlled will supersede any ‘similar model’ of animal due to their unique advantages.
    Te he!

    I was under the impression that fishing license exemption was based on the person, not the gear?

    Also, that you did need to be rod/reel or pole/line for any game fish, and this setup would only be good for non-game fish? Unless you tied it to a stick, and poof, pole/line...

    Please rid me of my ignorance if I am incorrect.

    I prefer setlines for catfish, so none of the above is a concern. I am a bit worried that if I'm OCing on my way to or from my sets, if I don't have anything fishing related on me, I might be arrested... That was part of why I made this. I am, in fact, going to or from fishing every time I check my sets. But, I usually do not have any new bait on me on the way out (cuz I can use catfish guts any time I catch one) or I might be returning empty handed and the tackle is still in the water on my way home... I'm not trying to go run errands while my sets are in the water and pretend that 790.25 covers me becasue I'm technically fishing any time my sets are wet... Can leave them out there 24/7, only required to check them once a day, but I prefer to check more often. Since they can be in the water 24/7/365, I'm technically fishing 24/7/365. But, pretty sure that wouldn't fly and I'm not going to try bending it like that...

    Floriduh Lawmakers; because stick!

    I've also made weights by stuffing .177 cal BBs into gutted paracord and melting/crimping the ends.
    Last edited by ixtow; 08-29-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Making the video will keep you busy for a while.

    Small, very portable fishing gear might be of interest to many people. Could easily be part of a bugout bag.
    A kit that fits in a bug out bag could be much more diverse. I wanted this to be ultralight and with me any time I'm not at home. Who leaves their keys at home when they drive or even walk somewhere else? This could be a zipper pull, or a lanyard on some other piece of gear. A keychain is around pretty much every day, every time you leave home.

    Idle hands doing the opposite of the implied, why keep busy? Pshaw, like I'm not busy making ATF Irritants...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I gutted some fake paracord and shoved some light fishing gear in it. Hitched it to my keychain. Always have fishing tackle with me in case "briefly" doesn't mean the same thing to me as it does to an activist with a badge... There are all kinds of places to fish around here... Accidental expoure makes me want to go fishing, weird Pavlovian reaction... So, as soon as it happens, I'm on my way to go fishing.

    If you can't figure out how to make it yourself, I might make a more detailed video if there's interest. It's not that complicated though... I doubt anyone gives a sh!t anyway.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3x_BZv6Hk0
    Fish swim in their own toilet ... pass on this food source.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Ever seen what a pig will eat? Then there is mad cow disease......and don't vegetables have feelings.

    I will eat whatever pleases and sustains me............as long as it doesn't kill me.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-29-2014 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member SFCRetired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montgomery, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ever seen what a pig will eat? Then there is mad cow disease......and don't vegetables have feelings.

    I will eat whatever pleases and sustains me............as long as it doesn't kill me.
    I am disqualified as a blood donor because of the time I spent in Germany. Funny thing is, I never saw an angry cow the whole time I was there.

    A pig will eat just about anything, but they are one of the few animals that will, given the chance, balance their own diet. As a humorous note, you should see a pig eating a rattlesnake! Just like a kid eating spaghetti.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    I am disqualified as a blood donor because of the time I spent in Germany. Funny thing is, I never saw an angry cow the whole time I was there.
    .
    Me too ... I did not eat beef too much from local sources...as it sucked compared to USA beef .. I ate on base, even when I lived off base.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    MREs and before them, K rats, were pretty safe......if you had plenty of hot sauce.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member 2OLD2W8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Black Waters
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Te he!

    I was under the impression that fishing license exemption was based on the person, not the gear?

    Also, that you did need to be rod/reel or pole/line for any game fish, and this setup would only be good for non-game fish? Unless you tied it to a stick, and poof, pole/line...

    Please rid me of my ignorance if I am incorrect.

    I prefer setlines for catfish, so none of the above is a concern. I am a bit worried that if I'm OCing on my way to or from my sets, if I don't have anything fishing related on me, I might be arrested... That was part of why I made this. I am, in fact, going to or from fishing every time I check my sets. But, I usually do not have any new bait on me on the way out (cuz I can use catfish guts any time I catch one) or I might be returning empty handed and the tackle is still in the water on my way home... I'm not trying to go run errands while my sets are in the water and pretend that 790.25 covers me becasue I'm technically fishing any time my sets are wet... Can leave them out there 24/7, only required to check them once a day, but I prefer to check more often. Since they can be in the water 24/7/365, I'm technically fishing 24/7/365. But, pretty sure that wouldn't fly and I'm not going to try bending it like that...

    Floriduh Lawmakers; because stick!

    I've also made weights by stuffing .177 cal BBs into gutted paracord and melting/crimping the ends.
    I was under the impression that fishing license exemption was based on the person, not the gear?

    Also, that you did need to be rod/reel or pole/line for any game fish, and this setup would only be good for non-game fish? Unless you tied it to a stick, and poof, pole/line...
    I emailed FWC the following question and it was added to their FAQ's section...Their response will follow....

    9. If I fish from shore, using a cane pole, Cuban yoyo or hand line with no reel attached, do I still have to have the shoreline license?

    There is an exemption for resident anglers using a pole or line, not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism, using natural bait, and it applies to anglers who fish from shore, structures affixed to shore or vessels. This exemption applies only in the angler's home county.


    Here is the link.... http://myfwc.com/news/resources/fact...ine-fishing/#9

    My intent was to get a clarification concerning cuban yoyo's as that method is not listed anywhere on the website and I use it often, I added the other methods in just for grins and giggles.......

    One caveat to the FWC answer....any person engaged in the exempted license activity must use a natural bait!!!!!!!They almost got it 100% correct....... I can't find the section confirming this important tidbit at the moment ....when I find it I'll post it....

    The license exemption does not release the fisherman from limits or restriction on the species caught or waive any seasons that may apply.......
    Last edited by 2OLD2W8; 08-29-2014 at 04:48 PM.
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

    "free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

  12. #12
    Regular Member 325rto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    MREs and before them, K rats, were pretty safe......if you had plenty of hot sauce.
    The MRE's issued in the early 80's were horrible. C-rats were much better.

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Fish swim in their own toilet ... pass on this food source.
    I farted God only knows how many times, and you're breathing it, right now... That last breath came from my ass.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Children!

    ............Settle down.

    ..............................I'm trying to eat.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Children!

    ............Settle down.

    ..............................I'm trying to eat.

    Just as long as you don't threaten to turn the forum around and go back home...

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 2OLD2W8 View Post
    I emailed FWC the following question and it was added to their FAQ's section...Their response will follow....

    Here is the link.... http://myfwc.com/news/resources/fact...ine-fishing/#9
    Well paint me green and call me Gumby... I swear I read their exemptions bit and it was all about food stamps, disabled vets, etc... None of which applied to me.

    I could clip a caribiner to my beltloop, toss in a 2/0 circle hook w/ a chunk of catfish guts I've already got, on a piece of bankline, and wait for a tug to wake me up. Or a guvthug telling me I'm not allowed to have a gun... Tho, where I fish, there is never a person to notice. I only worry about the coming and going.

    I am so totally doing this across the road in the Suwannee tomorrow.

    I might make a tied-to-me-setline mod for my Mora sheath... Now to be told that my Bahco saw is an illegal folding knife...
    Last edited by ixtow; 08-29-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Just as long as you don't threaten to turn the forum around and go back home...
    I am home........and I'm being moderately nice when I ask that people remember that OCDO is not a good ol' boys smoker club.

    Grandma's way was more direct - she'd finger snap your ear.

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by 2OLD2W8 View Post
    Useful stuffs
    I noticed Q #8... It doesn't mention the natural bait requirement while mentioning the same exemption. They got it right, then next question got it wrong...

    I need a license for setlining anyway, but I may skip it next year and be the setline...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  19. #19
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    some stuff
    I made my point and moved on. But you do ahve to make yourself known since I'm flagged for moderator attention with every post... :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  20. #20
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I made my point and moved on. But you do ahve to make yourself known since I'm flagged for moderator attention with every post... :-p
    Really? And here I thought you were one of the good guys.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I am home........and I'm being moderately nice when I ask that people remember that OCDO is not a good ol' boys smoker club.

    Grandma's way was more direct - she'd finger snap your ear.

    Already figured your reasoning.

    My Grandmas never got a chance to finger snap my ear, but my Aunt Mary was quick as lightning with that!

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I thought you were one of the good guys.
    I am. That's the problem.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  23. #23
    Regular Member 2OLD2W8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Black Waters
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I am. That's the problem.
    Maybe to most...but not all!!

    Most people need to be told how to live among each other; rules, regulations and oversight are needed to help them maintain focus (man's natural laws confound & confuse them)..........those of us that understand and embrace man's natural laws can function independently without the cumbersome oversight and guidance, we are a thorn in the sides of our "brother's keepers / the masters" who manage the sheeple that live among us in this engineered utopia....

    Anyway....as promised, here is the FWC section which references natural bait.


    In addition to the exemptions listed above, you do not need a freshwater fishing license if...

    You are a resident who is fishing with live or natural bait, using poles or lines that are not equipped with a fishing-line-retrieval mechanism, and you are fishing for noncommercial purposes in your home county. However, you must have a valid fishing license to fish by any method in a fish management area.

    http://myfwc.com/license/recreationa...eed-a-license/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-30-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Rule #19
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

    "free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

  24. #24
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Yawn ... this thread's Headline said it all.

    Rather than try to "gimmick" the law in your state by carrying "fishing equipment" on your keychain, why not work to change the law?
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  25. #25
    Regular Member 2OLD2W8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Black Waters
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Yawn ... this thread's Headline said it all.

    Rather than try to "gimmick" the law in your state by carrying "fishing equipment" on your keychain, why not work to change the law?
    Some of us are, change is slow!! gimmick? nah... I prefer to not carry a pole/rod-n-reel while traversing my state via motorcycle and fishing...it's as simple as that, until we get our open carry rights back any and all legal avenues (gimmicks) work!!!
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

    "free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •