Thread: Grtr RVA OC Breakfast 9:30 AM Sat 8/30 - INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY!!

Grtr RVA OC Breakfast 9:30 AM Sat 8/30 - INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY!!

For anyone who has not yet received the memo, the Saturday before Labor Day is INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY.

In order to celebrate INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY!! the weekly OC breakfast will be at Golden Corral on Providence Rd. at the intersection with Midlothian Tpke. They have bacon by the panfull, as well as free refills.

Come on out and celebrate with us.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Bacon - it isn't just for breakfast any more.

Also got ta have some of those link sausages.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    How insensitive!

Are you specifically indicating that our Muslim brethren and sistren (is that a word?) not attend the breakfast?

Remember that a Muslim woman was offended just by seeing the word "bacon" and lodged a complaint that caused the company to remove the sign in the interest of "diversity."

You're going to need advanced diversity/sensitivity training.... and find a venue that's at least 1,000 feet from any pork products. (Gun Free Pork Zone)

/sarc
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    How insensitive!

Are you specifically indicating that our Muslim brethren and sistren (is that a word?) not attend the breakfast?

Remember that a Muslim woman was offended just by seeing the word "bacon" and lodged a complaint that caused the company to remove the sign in the interest of "diversity."

You're going to need advanced diversity/sensitivity training.... and find a venue that's at least 1,000 feet from any pork products. (Gun Free Pork Zone)

/sarc
    Sensitive enough?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

How insensitive!

/sarc
    It isn't proper bacon anyway, it's missing the big meaty part that goes at the end of the streaky bit. I'm not saying I'm going to move back home just because Americans don't understand how to do bacon but my mother knows to stock up on the Danish variety whenever I visit

Oh, and b*****ks to political correctness
    Last edited by scouser; 08-29-2014 at 05:09 PM.

How insensitive!

/sarc
    There are lots of non-pork products available, and the tongs for those things do not mingle with the pork-product tongs.

Adherents of the Religion of Peace have always had an invitation extended to them While weather and politics are discussed, we generally stay away from religious beliefs If you don't act the total ass there is little chance that you will face ridicule or abbrobation.

As for Diversity/sensitivity training - not needed. I have learned to apologize for even the appearance of a thought of offending. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwouldliketoapologizetoanyoneIhavenotoffended_zps2aa3e700.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	11958

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There are lots of non-pork products available, and the tongs for those things do not mingle with the pork-product tongs.

Adherents of the Religion of Peace have always had an invitation extended to them While weather and politics are discussed, we generally stay away from religious beliefs If you don't act the total ass there is little chance that you will face ridicule or abbrobation.

As for Diversity/sensitivity training - not needed. I have learned to apologize for even the appearance of a thought of offending. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iwouldliketoapologizetoanyoneIhavenotoffended_zps2aa3e700.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	11958

stay safe.
    Is there anyone you have not not offended while not be offended?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-30-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Is there anyone you have not not offended while not be offended?
    No.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

No.

stay safe.
    Consistency - the mark of a true believer.

Cool

For anyone who has not yet received the memo, the Saturday before Labor Day is INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY.

In order to celebrate INTERNATIONAL BACON DAY!! the weekly OC breakfast will be at Golden Corral on Providence Rd. at the intersection with Midlothian Tpke. They have bacon by the panfull, as well as free refills.

Come on out and celebrate with us.

stay safe.
    Bacon? Did I see somebody say BACON????

OMG, That's like awesome. Like forever, like ya know?

And to think, I was going to break into the Banana Nut Cheerio reserve?

NOT A CHANCE. Gr8Legs says I can go play with the boys today !!!!!! ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Gr8Legs says I can go play with the boys today !!!!!! ;>)
    Good, because my shadow was asking if you'd be there

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Good, because my shadow was asking if you'd be there
    ;>) That's why she said I could go out and play, I didn't get to see him last week.