Thread: Southern Highlands Park 'No firearms' (pic posted)

Southern Highlands Park 'No firearms' (pic posted)

On a bike ride yesterday I dropped into this park to check out the sign. It's located in Southern Highlands on the main road.

Is this a private park owned by the Southern Highlands Community Association or a Clark County park, and regardless, thoughts on the legality of the firearms prohibition? Notice that at the top it prohibits activity that would be illegal under Clark County code in addition to the firearms prohibition further down.

Click on the photos twice to get the largest versions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Park Firearms Sign 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	11956

Name:	Park Firearms Sign 2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	11957

Ron_O
    Last edited by Ron_O; 08-29-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_O View Post
    On a bike ride yesterday I dropped into this park to check out the sign. It's located in Southern Highlands on the main road.

Is this a private park owned by the Southern Highlands Community Association or a Clark County park, and regardless, thoughts on the legality of the firearms prohibition? Notice that at the top it prohibits activity that would be illegal under Clark County code in addition to the firearms prohibition further down.

Click on the photos twice to get the largest versions.

Name:	Park Firearms Sign 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	11956

Name:	Park Firearms Sign 2.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	11957

Ron_O
    At the bottom of the sign it says that it is controlled by the Association meaning private. The sign would have no force in law. They could trespass you of course and if you didn't leave could have you arrested.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

The rest of the sign makes it clear it is private property. As mentioned, your only concern for a legally-carried firearm would be if they trespass you for it (or any reason.)
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip