Thread: High Roller misrepresenting NRS in "no weapons" sign

High Roller misrepresenting NRS in "no weapons" sign

I noticed a no weapons sign on the door at the entrance to the high roller; picture attached.

The statute cited reads:

" NRS 202.253  Definitions.  As used in NRS 202.253 to 202.369, inclusive:
    1.  “Explosive or incendiary device” means any explosive or incendiary material or substance that has been constructed, altered, packaged or arranged in such a manner that its ordinary use would cause destruction or injury to life or property.
    2.  “Firearm” means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
    3.  “Firearm capable of being concealed upon the person” applies to and includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
    4.  “Motor vehicle” means every vehicle that is self-propelled.
    (Added to NRS by 1977, 879; A 1979, 157; 1989, 1239; 1995, 1151, 2533, 2726; 1997, 662, 826; 2001, 805; 2003, 1350; 2005, 594)"

They believe that the statute defining certain weapons gives them additional legal protection when in fact nothing within the cited statute imposes any criminal penalty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	11959  
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Let them post their signs. Comfort their lawyers and the sheep. The rest of us will stay safe with our guns.

I'd be like posting a sign that says "NRS 200.010" and expecting that to keep you safe.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

I don't read signs on private property open to the paying public.
    Last edited by MAC702; 08-30-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: clarification
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Nrs 202.253

NRS 202.253  Definitions.  As used in NRS 202.253 to 202.369, inclusive:
    1.  “Explosive or incendiary device” means any explosive or incendiary material or substance that has been constructed, altered, packaged or arranged in such a manner that its ordinary use would cause destruction or injury to life or property.
    2.  “Firearm” means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
    3.  “Firearm capable of being concealed upon the person” applies to and includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
    4.  “Motor vehicle” means every vehicle that is self-propelled.

This is hilarious.

A few months ago decided to take my wife on the wheel concealing my 4.5" XDM 40. As MAC said Haven't noticed any no gun sign on a private business that had any legal force in NV. Why would anyone feel they need for protection locked up in a large ball with 40 others and no way out. As the anti gunners say, only have to call 911. Then wait 30 minutes for the locked ball to make it back down.

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    A few months ago decided to take my wife on the wheel concealing my 4.5" XDM 40. As MAC said Haven't noticed any no gun sign on a private business that had any legal force in NV. Why would anyone feel they need for protection locked up in a large ball with 40 others and no way out. As the anti gunners say, only have to call 911. Then wait 30 minutes for the locked ball to make it back down.
    Lol!