• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Supremacy Clause, 2nd Amendment, 10th Amendment

Vurtle

I would like to remind some of those who may be looking at this forum that there is a great rule in the US Constitution that says all state judges must abide by the Constitution and that any law to the contrary is notwithstanding. In layman's terms, if the 2nd Amendment says you have the right to bear arms and it shall not be infringed and your state regulates how or what you carry or possess, then your state is in violation of the Supremacy Clause. The 10th Amendment reads that if it is not covered in the Constitution, then the state has the right to make law as it deems necessary. Well, the 2nd Amendment is in the Constitution and Texas Constitution and penal codes do not trump US Constitution and its Amendments.

Some wise guy may try to refer to the 1833 supreme court ruling that states do not have to recognize the Bill of Rights within its governments. That ruling is a contradiction to the Supremacy Clause and it allowed the courts to pick and choose bits and pieces of the Bill of Rights under what is called incorporation. I am at a loss of words for the courts insane ruling that completely ignored the Constitution.

Quit bowing down and being brainwashed by a government that ignores the Constitution. Man up, because if you don't have a pair to stand up against a tyrant government, they will own you. You cannot be owned in a free country.

stealthyeliminator

I would like to remind some of those who may be looking at this forum that there is a great rule in the US Constitution that says all state judges must abide by the Constitution and that any law to the contrary is notwithstanding. In layman's terms, if the 2nd Amendment says you have the right to bear arms and it shall not be infringed and your state regulates how or what you carry or possess, then your state is in violation of the Supremacy Clause. The 10th Amendment reads that if it is not covered in the Constitution, then the state has the right to make law as it deems necessary. Well, the 2nd Amendment is in the Constitution and Texas Constitution and penal codes do not trump US Constitution and its Amendments.

Some wise guy may try to refer to the 1833 supreme court ruling that states do not have to recognize the Bill of Rights within its governments. That ruling is a contradiction to the Supremacy Clause and it allowed the courts to pick and choose bits and pieces of the Bill of Rights under what is called incorporation. I am at a loss of words for the courts insane ruling that completely ignored the Constitution.

Quit bowing down and being brainwashed by a government that ignores the Constitution. Man up, because if you don't have a pair to stand up against a tyrant government, they will own you. You cannot be owned in a free country.

What specifically do you suggest I do?

Vurtle

If you are part of OCT, which I think you may be, then keep on keeping on. I mainly wrote that post because it seems most citizens lack the understanding of how the US Constitution trumps state constitutions and they let their state trample on their rights. Informed citizens are the most powerful resource we have. I am blown away by how many people have submitted to the idea that the government gets to choose what freedoms we can have and how we can participate in them. That's not really freedom. That's submission.

Vurtle

Along with state governments trampling your rights, law enforcement has the belief that it is okay to trick people into giving up their rights or they simply ignore your rights and do as they will. Then you get into the federal side ignoring your rights and using the court system and bad judges to "interpret" clearly written rights. And all along citizens are brainwashed by their peers to submit to tyranny.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Some wise guy may try to refer to the 1833 supreme court ruling that states do not have to recognize the Bill of Rights within its governments. That ruling is a contradiction to the Supremacy Clause

Well, its what the feds go by ... read the McDonald case concerning the 2nd amendment finally being incorporated into the states or the numerous state supreme courts on 2nd amendment cases that noted that the 2nd amendment was not incorporated so they can pay no heed to it (prior to McDonald of course).

The theory of incorporation is bogus of course ... but it still is the law.