• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the smokey mtns??

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Yes, you can, just stay out of the buildings. (OC or CC)

Be mindful of Cherokee NC, which I believe is Indian land (not sure if it's a reservation or not), where carry is prohibited.

Also, for OC purposes, remember that Great Smoky Mtns is in two states, TN and NC. TN is a licensed OC state, so make sure you have a recognized license before doing so there.

Fallguy

Be mindful of Cherokee NC, which I believe is Indian land (not sure if it's a reservation or not), where carry is prohibited.

Also, for OC purposes, remember that Great Smoky Mtns is in two states, TN and NC. TN is a licensed OC state, so make sure you have a recognized license before doing so there.

^^What he said.^^

boomer92266

i have my ky. permit and will only be on the tennessee side. also i will be concealing every where i go. thanks

Last edited:

independence

Everything said above is good. Also, I have open carried there and walked right past rangers who looked right at my handgun and had no problem with it. Be sure to pick up some bear spray, also.