• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Haven't Carried in a long time.

gwhitegm60

Hi everyone, I haven't carried my gun openly or concealed in a long time. Have noticed crime is going up and since I have a conceal license I have been thinking about carrying again. The wal-mart stores around here are getting bad just walking across the parking lot. Some people have told me that women are being victimize in the parking lots. One woman told me just yesterday that a man tried to pick her up in the parking lot at one of the wal-mart stores near where I live. She is a older lady in her sixties and is related to me but does not have a permit to carry. When I start to carry again I will have to be careful where I carry.

Gregg

wimwag

Yup. I wonder what the effect would have been had you OCd the whole time.

Not that we'd ever know.

Glock 1st fan

Yup. I wonder what the effect would have been had you OCd the whole time.

Not that we'd ever know.

But.....But.....But....... Mommies for communism says they want to be safe and say groceries not guns......... They say the world will be so much safer and the bad guys will not carry in to stores or around stores that ban guns........

Awe I cant even be sarcastic. Your right we may never know but Alcapone said it best. "I can get alot with a kind word. But I get alot more with a kind word and a gun"

Last edited:

Glock 1st fan

That's a good one !

The lady should carry. Go out and teach your relative how to defend herself, a nice gesture.

I fully agree. And if the thought of intimidation by a male instructor is holding women back the good news is more and more women are getting in to the sport and more and more of those ladies are becoming instructors!