• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's this kind of hubris that got us kicked out of Starbucks

WalkingWolf

Starbucks could easily stop the usage of their symbol by the companies using it, they don't. So they must not find it hubris or even enough to care about. Unlike Harley Davidson, they might consider it good advertizing.

OK so the emblems are using their trademark, but as long as they don't care, why get worked up over it.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Well, this has been going on for some time... and Starbucks has not "kicked us out".... pretty simple they asked not to be the center of protests either for or against following all of the long gun appreciation days around the country. They never made a stink after 4 years of holstered hand gun carry. I have carried and continue to carry, at Starbucks, including the original store, Greenlake and other prominent locations.

409282_1780411686578_577129495_n.jpg

and my Jeep

14466_3343264156913_1700240709_n.jpg

Lovenox

And it's still going on . . . they asked not to be involved politically, but we couldn't leave it alone. We had to shove it down their throats and co-opt their image. Great job guys . . . :rolleyes:

View attachment 11962

I believe it is the lack of conviction coupled with the antis fervent push to ban guns everywhere that will be our undoing. Some of you after SB's change in policy continue to shop there which baffles me to no end. What you see in an overpriced cup of what is essentially coffee is beyond me. The compelling factor however I believe lies in that holding a cup with the SB logo is borne out of social dynamics and has been a status symbol of sorts. You continue to make an out for yourselves by saying "I'll just go Concealed, screw them" and by doing so you in one fell swoop have capitulated and continue to aid them economically. You claim to be for "freedom" and quickly give in when your overhype, overpriced cup of crack is at stake. Sometimes I really do shake my head.

Lovenox

Well, this has been going on for some time... and Starbucks has not "kicked us out".... pretty simple they asked not to be the center of protests either for or against following all of the long gun appreciation days around the country. They never made a stink after 4 years of holstered hand gun carry. I have carried and continue to carry, at Starbucks, including the original store, Greenlake and other prominent locations.

409282_1780411686578_577129495_n.jpg

and my Jeep

14466_3343264156913_1700240709_n.jpg

+1000 Bravo! Now that's a guy sticking to convictions. If you've got to have that cup o' Joe do it on your terms!

Curmudgeon

Interesting timing. While out doing a bit of yard/house work today, the Mrs and I took a quick break by running some errands, one of which included a stop at a nearby Starbucks. Keep in mind this is Pennsylvania, an open carry state, and I open carry 100%. I was not only OCing my Kimber 1911, but happened to be wearing my "I Love Guns and Coffee" t-shirt for the first time in a year or two.

When I walked in, the shirt was the first thing the guy behind the counter noticed, and it was an instant hit. He immediately called his other 2 co-workers over to see it and all 3 wanted to know where they could get one. One of them even wondered aloud whether they thought the manager would allow them to wear them to work!

I told them to use Google to search for a site that might still sell the shirts since I acquired mine years ago. I have had about a dozen occasions to to wear this shirt to a Starbucks and have received exactly the same overwhelmingly positive reaction every single time. Every. Single. Time.

Maybe some of you guys need to work on your interpersonal skills, I dunno. :uhoh:

We don't go to Starbucks frequently, we do find them to be a little "spendy", but in my experience every Starbucks I have ever entered has been very open carry friendly, and I will continue to go out of my way to patronize the business (and others like them) every chance I get, so long as the experience remains positive for everyone. And I am committed that it will. I conduct my self accordingly.

You go rent your billboard. I'll go get a cup of coffee. :lol:

Incidentally, not that it's relevant to the thread, but we also shopped at Amelia's grocery store and Giant Food, stopped for gas at Sheetz, picked up prescriptions at Walgreens, purchased some fresh produce at Weiss Markets, and bought a rotisserie chicken from Food Lion, and picked up more gutter covers from Lowes. Same shirt, same openly carried 1911, not a problem. Never a problem; hasn't been a problem in almost 6 years.

I'm sure I could expect a different reaction if my idea of open carry was a slung/shouldered Squad Automatic Weapon, but I don't own one of those, and frankly find the idea of banging one around as I go about my chores to be counter productive. I'll stick with my 1911. I find it to be sexy in a quiet kind of way. :cool:

wittmeba

I'm not a long rifle carrier and I'm not saying it is wrong for others.

But I suspect one of the issues with long rifles is when you are in a merchants place of business and amongst people there is a concern with handling the rifle. Trying to keep it out of the way, avoid hitting counters/displays or sitting down to enjoy coffee - just seems like they might get in the way. And during any minimal handling it wouldn't surprise me to see the muzzle end pass by someone's head.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'm not a long rifle carrier and I'm not saying it is wrong for others.

But I suspect one of the issues with long rifles is when you are in a merchants place of business and amongst people there is a concern with handling the rifle. Trying to keep it out of the way, avoid hitting counters/displays or sitting down to enjoy coffee - just seems like they might get in the way. And during any minimal handling it wouldn't surprise me to see the muzzle end pass by someone's head.

There is a reason the handgun was invented.

Shame on states like Texas and Florida that make them illegal to be the default unlicensed option for being armed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It occurs to me that a Kel-Tec KSG would be an excellent OC choice in Texas. You know, if Kel-Tec actually made more than three weapons per decade.

Good point, and many of the other bullpup designs likewise. Also, some of the folding carbines, like the Kel-Tec (same availability problem) SUB2000, are very quickly brought into locked and ready-to-rock condition.

Seriona

The mind goes, "Carrying a pistol, clearly self defense. Carrying a long firearm, clearly going to go someplace high to shoot someone." I personally do not care for long gun carriers, never saw one personally myself but by doing so, you pretty much going to be arrested even though it is legal.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
The mind goes, "Carrying a pistol, clearly self defense. Carrying a long firearm, clearly going to go someplace high to shoot someone." I personally do not care for long gun carriers, never saw one personally myself but by doing so, you pretty much going to be arrested even though it is legal.

Another example of 2nd Amendment "lite" mentality. "I believe in the 2nd A, as long as you do it my way." Did John Hinkley only carry a pistol for self defense when he shot Reagan? Did you miss my post where I stated that in TX you can't OC a pistol, only a rifle?

Last edited:

The Truth

There is a reason the handgun was invented.

Shame on states like Texas and Florida that make them illegal to be the default unlicensed option for being armed.

Making long guns the legal default unlicensed option is just a skip ahead in the chain of logic to set the stage for "no carry."

"Well if you can't even legally open carry a pistol it makes no sense to be able to open carry a long gun," they'll say.

Conversely we can say, well I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Last edited:

wimwag

Really? That's never happened to me and I do it all the time. Even posed outside the police department for photos once.

Last edited:

wimwag

It occurs to me that a Kel-Tec KSG would be an excellent OC choice in Texas. You know, if Kel-Tec actually made more than three weapons per decade.

Be patient! It takes a long time to row longships across the Atlantic. Just be glad they didn't put wipers on the foregrip.

Silly Swedes.