• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "other" site...

mobiushky

Can Rob get another name kinda-sorta close????

The domain name appears to be available still. But I don't think Rob wants to be involved anymore. He's kind of moved on with his training school and some local gun makers. I would imagine if someone else wanted to take up the mantle and pay the fees, he'd have no problem passing it along.

ETA: it appears there are 15 days left before the domain goes on the open market. Just fyi.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
The information on this thread is accurate, so far as it goes; which isn't very far.
Meanwhile, anybody needs to get the skinny on what took place can feel free to PM me and I will explain a few things,
including what happens next.

I believe it would be in our communal interest to have a Meet and Greet, and I anticipate organizing one soon.

We got issues and they need to be discussed amongst ourselves.

In closing, I am working on something that will be made public soon enough.
When it does, I'd like everybody to be aware of it.

Again, please feel free to PM me, and I will do my best, given the stuff currently on my plate,
to answer each one individually.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
got_heat,

I believe it's lease/contract expired and for whatever reason, wasn't renewed by the forum's Admin/Owner. Its focus was OC in Colorado and so (of course) mainly OCers frequented it. It was one of 2 Colorado-specific online gun forums for Coloradans, and was one of 3 forums I would check on: This "national" OC forum here (opencarry.org), the "other" forum for Colorado residents (history), and the "other-other" forum also for Colorado residents. With one of these gone, there's just the 2 forums now to visit -- and now just 2 for me to post my upcoming Colorado OC Get-Together Event announcements on, I should add!

But not to worry: As mentioned, there's still the "other-other" forum for Colorado gun owners you know! And, it's still very much alive...

Ooops...I didn't just open another can o' worms, did I?

:)

Last edited:

solus

ROF, aren't y'al glad the moderator is tolerant and hasn't shut this "OMG we're setting up other forum site thread" down on y'al since the thread surely doesn't have a lick to do with OC'g whatever.

Heavens, glad this olde forum exists to once again allow y'al to form, yet another new secret, select membership, firearm website, otherwise y'al would be up the creek w/o a paddle trying to coordinate everything, HUH!!

Now y'al play nice in and enjoy your secret handshake entry new forum as it appears the rarefied rocky mtn air has caused y'al to lose some of your God given senses.

ipse

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Another ignorant/clueless post from ________ Squalor, and always ready to criticize everything posted, no matter what the topic.

News Flash: No one is even remotely "setting up a new site" ______, as were just trying to give people info about another site (that's been around for YEARS) without actually naming it, in order to avoid seeming like we were advertising it OR saying it was any better than this site or even disrespecting THIS site. And even though said "other" site is now defunct.

Besides, if this site tolerates (though it shouldn't) your almost always-negative, belittling of others and condescending attitude (and your drinking-buddy Weenie Wolf is the very same), then it should be able to let US try to get some info across -- especially if ASKED for it -- even if we do have to beat around the bush doing so...and doing that here in this thread vs. PM so any OTHER readers wondering what's up can get the info, too. Maybe some is new to Colorado and don't know about local forums, so we're just trying to help them out -- indirectly. But it has NOTHING to do with being secretive, some childish handshake or anything else, _______.

If all you can do is snipe at people (as per usual), then just shut up, as your post above has NOTHING to contribute to this particular topic, it's just negative and ridiculing. And on top of that, you don't even live here, so as I've said before, telling us who DO live here "what's up" with our own state/cities/towns is highly insulting and arrogant on your part. Not to mention just no-class poor manners.

Your constant criticism here of so many of us -- no matter WHAT we post and no matter in what state sub-forum -- is more than tiresome. It's cowardly as well.

...the rest deleted...

Last edited:

solus

Anyone know what happened?

What ever he wants it to be. You must give the secret or double-secret finger tickle to get The Truth.

The first rule of "the other site" is you don't talk about "the other site". Pretty sure your account is being suspended, if not outright banning you.

stay safe.

Rob lost the domain name at renewal time & we are not sure he will get it back. This came from M-T.

Now, if you want to explain what the other site is, that is your call.

Jsk

Thanks Jsk.

We'll just keep the out of staters in the dark for now...

Okay, now you guys are killing me. I'm not up on the "other" site. Given where this thread was posted, I imagine it has something to do with a state-specific site somewhere. The only other one I'm aware of seems to be working, for me and hasn't had a problem all day.

jackrockblc,

PM sent...

Truth,

It's uninformative...intentionally.

PM sent...

I was wondering what happened. Too bad. BTW, this thread is extremely informative to the people who understand it.

Dave-

It's a Colorado thing........ If I told ya, I'd hafta kill ya :p

The domain name appears to be available still. But I don't think Rob wants to be involved anymore. He's kind of moved on with his training school and some local gun makers. I would imagine if someone else wanted to take up the mantle and pay the fees, he'd have no problem passing it along.

ETA: it appears there are 15 days left before the domain goes on the open market. Just fyi.

Well, Mel was modding it...but with his "unique" line of work & schedule, I doubt he wants to take it over as he probably wouldn't have the time.

Or maybe even the interest.

Yea I was wondering too.

Howdy Folks!
The information on this thread is accurate, so far as it goes; which isn't very far.
Meanwhile, anybody needs to get the skinny on what took place can feel free to PM me and I will explain a few things,
including what happens next.

I believe it would be in our communal interest to have a Meet and Greet, and I anticipate organizing one soon.

We got issues and they need to be discussed amongst ourselves.

In closing, I am working on something that will be made public soon enough.
When it does, I'd like everybody to be aware of it.

Again, please feel free to PM me, and I will do my best, given the stuff currently on my plate,
to answer each one individually.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

So that's what heppened to the site. Hmmm. . . . .

cloud, y'al got to be kidding me...y'al might wish to look above and then re-read the rest of the thread's rhetoric, especially 'since9' who offered to use his domain, that has proliferated this thread, including your insightful post(s).

you know i just asked a question cloud, and yet you act and sound like a guilty, immature child who got caught with your hand in the cookie jar ~ so why on earth are you so hypersensitive?

ipse

mobiushky

Another ignorant/clueless post from ________ Squalor, and always ready to criticize everything posted, no matter what the topic.

News Flash: No one is even remotely "setting up a new site" ______, as were just trying to give people info about another site (that's been around for YEARS) without actually naming it, in order to avoid seeming like we were advertising it OR saying it was any better than this site or even disrespecting THIS site. And even though said "other" site is now defunct.

Besides, if this site tolerates (though it shouldn't) your almost always-negative, belittling of others and condescending attitude (and your drinking-buddy Weenie Wolf is the very same), then it should be able to let US try to get some info across -- especially if ASKED for it -- even if we do have to beat around the bush doing so...and doing that here in this thread vs. PM so any OTHER readers wondering what's up can get the info, too. Maybe some is new to Colorado and don't know about local forums, so we're just trying to help them out -- indirectly. But it has NOTHING to do with being secretive, some childish handshake or anything else, _______.

If all you can do is snipe at people (as per usual), then just shut up, as your post above has NOTHING to contribute to this particular topic, it's just negative and ridiculing. And on top of that, you don't even live here, so as I've said before, telling us who DO live here "what's up" with our own state/cities/towns is highly insulting and arrogant on your part. Not to mention just no-class poor manners.

Your constant criticism here of so many of us -- no matter WHAT we post and no matter in what state sub-forum -- is more than tiresome. It's cowardly as well.

...the rest deleted...

Yep. Pretty much sums it up.

solus

Cloud, i will once again articulate to you...you do not have any earthly idea nor do not know whom or where i have acquaintances, or where my hat has or is hung, or where i used to or do carry, or which areas or where i still have significant interests in a myriad of personal activities.

I refuse to again enter into a he said or you did this type of bravado discussion, however, you mentioned the in your last post you, let's see how did you word it, oh, yes you thought: quote: .Not to mention just no-class poor manners. unquote.

let me provide an unemotional, unbiased example of no-class poor manners cloud, et al:
IMHO coming to a nationally recognized forum, using their bandwidth to talk in cutesy, innuendo about a failed local Colorado website which, because by your own admission the Admin apparently lost interest and apparently who failed to tell any of the membership about it; the website's membership failed to recognize the site was about to die; so just before/after the domain's registration died which threw/locked everyone off; the Colorado band of good guys roll out here to try to orchestrate something for their lost forum.

that is Cloud, is beyond NO-CLASS, POOR MANNERS exhibited by you and your Colorado cronies and yet you have the audacity to cast the stone at me?

further, for you to go out of your way to trash talk and libel (attack) another forum member, behind their back no less, i must state, without hesitation cloud & Alaska mobiushky that is what i call unconscionable, COWARDLY, and abusive behaviour unworthy of either of you.

ipse

Last edited:

mobiushky

For the record, my quoting of Cloud was intended to portray the general mentality of how this site has become. Having been the object of self aggrandizing attacks by some members here, it's very clear to me that this particular site has become the lone stomping grounds of a very few very vocal members who like to lord their positions over others who disagree.

For the rest of that rant.... Cool story bro.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
mobiushky,

We're planning an OC event for IHOP/Parker in the near future: "If we build it, will you come?"

...just kidding -- unless you CAN make it! ;-)

P.S. If you need an incentive, note that our Guest Speakers will be Squalor and Weenie Wolf. Further, it's possible Eye95 will make a cameo appearance.

...also just kidding (for sure).

Last edited:

solus

mobiushky,

We're planning an OC event for IHOP/Parker in the near future: "If we build it, will you come?"

P.S. If you need an incentive, note that our Guest Speakers will be Squalor and Weenie Wolf. Further, it's possible Eye95 will make a cameo appearance.

i accept the speaking engagement if you wish to meet at Edelweiss' Keller so i could have a dunkle or two with my Jager to put me in the proper mood so i can provide y'al exemplar advise on how to work your REACTIVATION PERIOD issues.

catch a hop and come on down mobiushky ...your first dunkle is on me!!

ipse

mobiushky

mobiushky,

Well... I'm headed down in the latter part of October... But I won't have time for an M & G.

i accept the speaking engagement if you wish to meet at Edelweiss' Keller so i could have a dunkle or two with my Jager to put me in the proper mood so i can provide y'al exemplar advise on how to work your REACTIVATION PERIOD issues.

catch a hop and come on down mobiushky ...your first dunkle is on me!!

ipse

Since I don't drink anything with alcohol in it, I'd prefer maybe a swamp water (aka Arnold Palmer).

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Okay...it's scheduled for mid-October anyway.

But all is not lost, however, as you can still be present "in spirit" at our OC Event if you will. Meaning, if you'll supply us with your CC# and Security Code, the event can be "on you."

No?

Well, I didn't REALLY think you'd buy that... ;-)

Last edited: