• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "other" site...

Keens

I agree with Beau, this went downhill fast! Mob is a respected member of the OC forums! One reason I went to "the other site" and not this one, is because thanks to some out of staters, certain folks, and their disrespect on this here forum. Armed folks are the friendliest folks! Let's keep it that way! We didn't have any of these BS shenanigans on the "other site!" We had the support of each other!

Come on Guys/Gals! Aren't we all in this together to support our OC rghts and the 2nd Amendment? We can either be supportive to each other, or you can leave us alone.

Lets support each other! Lets show the gun-grabbers who we really are and not give them a reason to make us look bad! I bet they watch this forum!

Blessings,

Keens

mobiushky

I agree with Beau, this went downhill fast! Mob is a respected member of the OC forums! One reason I went to "the other site" and not this one, is because thanks to some out of staters, certain folks, and their disrespect on this here forum. Armed folks are the friendliest folks! Let's keep it that way! We didn't have any of these BS shenanigans on the "other site!" We had the support of each other!

Come on Guys/Gals! Aren't we all in this together to support our OC rghts and the 2nd Amendment? We can either be supportive to each other, or you can leave us alone.

Lets support each other! Lets show the gun-grabbers who we really are and not give them a reason to make us look bad! I bet they watch this forum!

Blessings,

Keens

Wise words. It would be refreshing to not be so preoccupied with ego and more occupied with realities of life and our loss of rights.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Hey, if you 2 guys think I am the "ego" problem, or even part of it, just say so. I'll cease & desist posting here, and if I AM the (or a) problem, will also stop hosting OC Events as I don't want to be any obstacle to "The Cause" here in Colorado.

If the (regular) OC Events are to continue, however, someone else would need to take that "duty" over, or they will have to cease, too. I only started hosting them myself not because I considered myself the "best qualified" to do so, but because nothing was happening event-wise (except random/occasional events but nothing regular) so I "took it over" because no one else did -- I was just filling a vacuum. Besides, I've been wondering if I've been wrong about OC Events being important, so maybe I just don't get it anyway.

So, I've no problem (or any hurt feelings) with anyone else taking my place -- just say so and do it.

Last edited:

zach

ROF, aren't y'al glad the moderator is tolerant and hasn't shut this "OMG we're setting up other forum site thread" down on y'al since the thread surely doesn't have a lick to do with OC'g whatever.

Heavens, glad this olde forum exists to once again allow y'al to form, yet another new secret, select membership, firearm website, otherwise y'al would be up the creek w/o a paddle trying to coordinate everything, HUH!!

Now y'al play nice in and enjoy your secret handshake entry new forum as it appears the rarefied rocky mtn air has caused y'al to lose some of your God given senses.

ipse

Actually, I wondered if everything was ok. A few of the folks are in the line of work that isn't always safe.

BTW, Y'all is spelled with 2 ells...

SSDD

since9

Campaign Veteran
Keens: Well said!

Cloud: You're one of the last people I'd ever characterize as having an "ego problem."

Solus: You said, "you do not have any earthly idea nor do not know whom or where i have acquaintances, or where my hat has or is hung, or where i used to or do carry..."

Your location says "here nc," you're a frequent poster on the North Carolina section, including comments like, "...in the Tarheel state we have..." and "we do not have brandishing in this neck of the woods" and that you're "way on the other side of the state" from Henrico (your response to The Truth's post, who lives in Henrico), and now we find you posting often here in Colorado and not really very often anywhere else.

It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to draw some tentative conclusions. You made additional comments like, "are you just gonna throw the grenade after you forgot to pull the pin" and your quite knowledgeable discussion concerning whether or not dishonorable or other than honorable discharges would prevent someone from obtaining a concealed weapons permit in North Carolina.

Then you really tip your hat with, "you army punks believe anything your told dontcha... (sent with a smile from a member of one of the other services)."

I'd be willing to guess you were in the Air Force, stationed at Peterson or the Air Force Academy, probably enlisted, are now stationed at Pope AFB, live in Fayetteville or one of the other surrounding 'burbs, and given what few specialties are in common with these two locations, particularly at Pope AFB, along with the general tone of your other comments...

But the kicker was your "some of us worked on IBM's AN/FSQ-7 or SAGE the largest vacuum tube computer(s) ever made which provided active C2 air defense for the North American continent. as well as enjoyed our rem nylon 66's longer" comment, here.

My hip pocket guess after a whopping five minutes of look-see is that you're an older, retired senior enlisted member of the Air Force, one who worked in Comm Squadron. I won't hazard a guess as to your frequent (15x per year) business here in Colorado might be, as it could be anything, but the frequency suggests it's related to work.

No need to say whether I'm close or a mile distant, as that would narrow things down. My only point in this little five to ten minute exercise is that comments such as "you do not have any earthly idea nor do not know whom or where i have acquaintances, or where my hat has or is hung, or where i used to or do carry..." are generally ill-advisable on this forum, as we're a curious and inquisitive breed, and can generally at 2 and 2 and get 22, although we occasionally do come up with 4...

Zach: "Y'all is spelled with 2 ells..."

You ain't missing a thing!

Last edited:

solus

Since9, nice bit of research, glad you cared enough...

if you are amiable, perhaps we should sit down over coffee/chai to discuss perceptions of reality since yours is a bit askew... schedules permitting of course.

however, exercising unemotionally & unbiased critical thinking skills in discussions is a strong trait.

ipse

The Truth

Your location says "here nc," you're a frequent poster on the North Carolina section, including comments like, "...in the Tarheel state we have..." and "we do not have brandishing in this neck of the woods" and that you're "way on the other side of the state" from Henrico (your response to The Truth's post, who lives in Henrico), and now we find you posting often here in Colorado and not really very often anywhere else.

I don't live in NC :) Also, Henrico is in the Eastern part of my state, which would mean solus lives in the Western part of NC, which means NOT Fayetteville. Nice try though! :banana:

Elhuero

I signed up but never posted there much. Seemed pretty dead. Oh well, that's the eventual end of most gun boards I join. They either disappear, or I get banned.

bomber

Every thread on this forum that goes past 1 page turns into a bunch of whining and crying. The egos on this board are why I almost never come here. Ya'll mofos need jesus

mobiushky

Every thread on this forum that goes past 1 page turns into a bunch of whining and crying. The egos on this board are why I almost never come here. Ya'll mofos need jesus

Sometimes it doesn't even take that long. Just dare to post your opinion in the stomping grounds of the wrong member...