• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How about a law to keep judges, honest?

Freedom1Man

AN ACT:
To Prevent Government By Men Rather Than Law; and,
To Insure That Public Policy Remains The Constitutional Prerogative Of The
Legislature.
BE IT ENACTED: that every judge, chancellor, magistrate and/or any other judicial officer, employed and/or
appointed and/or elected, in the sovereign State of _______________________, who has the
power to issue rulings, orders, judgments and/or decrees is required to provide a memorandum
with each and every decision justifying it as to the Facts of the case, the Law of the case, and the
legal Conclusion therefrom in all actions to come before that judicial official; that if the records
of any court within the Judicial Branch, maintained at any place in government, show that such
official, on an order, judgment, ruling and/or decree submitted for recordation has knowingly or
otherwise misrepresented the law and the fact, or both, said judicial officer will be guilty of a
felony. Upon conviction, such punishment shall be not less than five (5) years imprisonment,
$50,000.00 fine, forfeiture of all retirement benefits, and irrevocable suspension of license to
practice law.
SUCH ACTION shall be brought in a court of record within the judicial branch of the State, having
jurisdiction to try criminal actions.
PROCEDURE to implement this Act:
1. The Judicial Committee of the Legislature shall within 60 days after enactment of this law,
prepare and order the printing of special complaint forms, for use by any citizen or resident alien,
living within the geographical jurisdiction of any state of the Union and/or territory of the United
States, to initiate this criminal action against any judicial officer of the judicial branch of
government of the sovereign State of ___________________________.
2. The aforesaid citizen or resident alien shall file the aforesaid complaint with:
(a) the chairman of the Judicial Committee, and
(b) the Secretary of State.
3. The Secretary of State is required to cause, within 10 days of the receipt of the complaint,
for the full text of it to be published in:
(a) the official journal(s) of the State, and
(b) the largest daily newspapers in circulation within the geographical boundaries of the
State.
4. Said Judicial Committee chairman shall make the complaint a priority matter and the
committee is required to appoint a special prosecutor within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
5. The special prosecutor is required, within 10 days of appointment to:
(a) start his prosecutorial activities, and
(b) notify the complaining citizen or resident alien of his appointment.
6. Upon completion of his investigation, not to exceed 60 calendar days, the special prosecutor
shall move the Grand Jury for an indictment, or may proceed on an information.
7. The judicial officer so charged shall not be tried within the court in which he presides.
8. The clerk of the court of record, upon receipt of said indictment or information, shall
expedite the scheduling of this action as a priority matter.

View attachment PROLAWS.pdf

This is the idea, what are your thoughts on it?

I have the PDF linked in case you like it and want to share it.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have seen older judges who are clearly and literally crazy.

Age catches up with many elderly ... judges are no different

Freedom1Man

I have seen older judges who are clearly and literally crazy.

Age catches up with many elderly ... judges are no different

I think it has nothing to do with age after having been before some of the judges (sic) in Seattle.

Either way, let's start holding them accountable. Let's take away their immunity so we can have fare and just rulings again.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Either way, let's start holding them accountable. Let's take away their immunity so we can have fare [sic] and just rulings again.

And how would this be different from the present situation? [/grammar Santa :p]

The problem is that judges without immunity are prone to more manipulation and mischief than are judges with immunity.

What we seem to need is a change of mindset in the higher (appellate) courts. There is a great reluctance to call out a judge and say s/he was flat-out wrong, which is why we have a systenm that considers the severity of wrongness as opposed to wrongness per se.

[preaching to the choir]And yet if we do something just a teeny-tiny bit wrong8 we are just as guilty as if we had trampled the law on prime-time TV.[/preaching to the choir].

stay safe.

* - such as using the USPS-approved abbreviation instead of writing out the name of the locality/county/state.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The story goes back in the thirties in Vevay, Indiana there were two corrupt judges. One Sunday morning when the locals were headed to town for church, passing in front of the court house where the two corrupt judges hanging from the old oak tree. Both judges had a feed bag over their head and their hands tied behind their back.

The locals all agreed that it was clear cases of suicide.

P/S I think that is the definition of common law.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The problem is that judges without immunity are prone to more manipulation and mischief than are judges with immunity.

That's the thinking, anyway.

Our society abounds with mechanisms by which those in positions of extraordinary responsibility are isolated from the consequences of their decisions. Judicial immunity is one of these mechanisms, as the governing structure of a modern corporation.

I have yet to see any of these mechanisms which function as claimed.

Freedom1Man

I re-read it and went over my notes again.

In short, if a judge makes a ruling that has to do with the law, the judge MUST state the law being used to make the ruling and how they are applying the law with a clear explanation as to how their ruling is consistent with the law.

How would this be a bad thing?

It would really help our open carry cases. If a judge could not cite the law that they are using for their ruling then they can be help civilly and criminally liable for their ruling(s).

They would not be allowed to give out convoluted rulings like in the Spencer case. They contradicted themselves so much in that case that it was sickening.

Or my friend's tax case, he wanted the law shown that required that his commission have any sort of tax withholding from it. The judges first admitted that he was a 1099 contractor and then called him an employee and thus subject to withholding without ever once citing the law that they were getting this BS from.

Or my trespassing case where the judges made up laws and claimed that there are words there that cannot be seen but must be there because they said so.

Grim_Nights Obstruction case where the officers admitted that he was innocent but the judge (pro-tem) told the jury he was guilty despite the law and the officers testimonies showing otherwise.

This would hold the judges to the laws (the constitution first) as written.

Explain how this would be a bad thing.

OC for ME

Judges should only talk when spoken to. Also, judges should only play referee for the defense and prosecution.

The desired judges instructions to a jury.

Judge: Jury, ya heard all there is to hear from the two sharks. Go with that cop and decide. Tell the cop when you have come to a decision.

OC for ME

Judges should only talk when spoken to. Also, judges should only play referee for the defense and prosecution.

The desired judges instructions to a jury.

Judge: Jury, ya heard all there is to hear from the two sharks. Go with that cop and decide. Tell the cop when you have come to a decision.
Or, a good judge would simply say, cuz he has immunity.

"So, cop Jones, you arrested this guy cuz he was packing heat."
"Yessiree judge."
"OK, is this guy done broke any other laws other than packing heat?"
"Nope."
"OK, thanks, case dismissed."

But, we know that ain't gunna happen.

davidmcbeth

Banned
In short, if a judge makes a ruling that has to do with the law, the judge MUST state the law being used to make the ruling and how they are applying the law with a clear explanation as to how their ruling is consistent with the law.

How would this be a bad thing?

Most judges do this with their memorandum of decision. They are not required to ..

Some issue out a decision and include a statement that a memo is forthcoming (yeah, in about 6 months ~ where the aggrieved party has to wait for before filing an appeal and has to ask for an extension of time).

Some issue out the decision and memo together.

Some just issue out a decision w/o a memo (sometimes no memo is needed)

One can motion for articulation if planning an appeal, noting that its for an appeal may push the judge into writing one.

I never had an issue where a memo or lack of one stopped me from filing an appeal to an appellate court.

Freedom1Man

Most judges do this with their memorandum of decision. They are not required to ..

Some issue out a decision and include a statement that a memo is forthcoming (yeah, in about 6 months ~ where the aggrieved party has to wait for before filing an appeal and has to ask for an extension of time).

Some issue out the decision and memo together.

Some just issue out a decision w/o a memo (sometimes no memo is needed)

One can motion for articulation if planning an appeal, noting that its for an appeal may push the judge into writing one.

I never had an issue where a memo or lack of one stopped me from filing an appeal to an appellate court.

It should not be optional for judges to include the explanation as to how their ruling was based on the law.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It should not be optional for judges to include the explanation as to how their ruling was based on the law.

Why?

Many times I have seen reviewing courts rule that the reason why the lower court reached its decision was based on bad application of the law and still affirm the lower court's ruling based upon their view of the law that leads to the same conclusion.

It would be clear in a guilty decision that the lower court found that all of the required elements of the crime were met and evidence supports a conviction. Aside from due process issues, this is going to be the mountain one must climb to overturn the lower court; one would not need a memo for that.