• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How about a law to keep judges, honest?

Freedom1Man

Why?

Many times I have seen reviewing courts rule that the reason why the lower court reached its decision was based on bad application of the law and still affirm the lower court's ruling based upon their view of the law that leads to the same conclusion.

It would be clear in a guilty decision that the lower court found that all of the required elements of the crime were met and evidence supports a conviction. Aside from due process issues, this is going to be the mountain one must climb to overturn the lower court; one would not need a memo for that.

BE IT ENACTED: that every judge, chancellor, magistrate and/or any other judicial officer, employed and/or
appointed and/or elected, in the sovereign State of _______________________, who has the
power to issue rulings, orders, judgments and/or decrees is required to provide a memorandum
with each and every decision justifying it as to the Facts of the case, the Law of the case, and the
legal Conclusion therefrom in all actions to come before that judicial official
; that if the records
of any court within the Judicial Branch, maintained at any place in government, show that such
official, on an order, judgment, ruling and/or decree submitted for recordation has knowingly or
otherwise misrepresented the law and the fact, or both, said judicial officer will be guilty of a
felony.
Upon conviction, such punishment shall be not less than five (5) years imprisonment,
$50,000.00 fine, forfeiture of all retirement benefits, and irrevocable suspension of license to
practice law.

Because if they do it they will be felons.

davidmcbeth

Banned
While judges maybe immune, the state can waive its immunity of its official and allow itself to be sued.

And I do think that all states should have recall elections of any public official (down to a lowly secretary).

Most state judges are elected...we have more control over state judges than federal ones.

OC for ME

In the news, two judges censured cuz they was doing the nasty in their chambers." I wish all I got was censured, instead of fired, for breaking the rules.