Thread: Let's file this under "Stupid Ideas" -

Let's file this under "Stupid Ideas" -

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...oter-training/

In the article, a repost from another site, the author and president of the company that manufaturers the device promotes the Guardian G8 Pro V2 as "a cost-effective tool that can enable school emergency response teams to delay an attack and defend students if necessary, while documenting the event and communicating with law enforcement, with just one device".

One problem - it's a dumbass idea. After all the corporate doublespeak, the G8 Pro V2 is a camera / strobe light / pepper spray device that looks like a gun.

The article recommends equipping school security staff with something that looks like a gun but offers no effective response to an armed attacker. At least it will provide great video of just how ineffective the device is.

Since the vast majority of people committing sudden mass murders have chosen to take themselves out of the gene pool as soon as the police arrive, and most of the others have been forceably ejected from the shallow end of that pool, I can see little need to document that dead person "A" caused dead persons "B through whatever" and wounded persons "1 through whatever".

Unless the wielder of the device is looking to document their eligibility for a posthumous award I see little use for this combination of "less than effective" tools. I wonder if the survivors of the first person shot by the cops when they see a gun-like item in the hands of someone who is not-a-cop in the middle of an "active shooter" scene will sue the manufacturer, and if the "I was stupid" defense will stand up.

For those still wondering, go here http://guardian8.com/wp-content/uplo...Escalation.png to see it in all its glory.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

You nailed it...

Come to think about it, how about one of these. It's portable:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bg_PowerNailerBuyignGuide_cordless.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	11983

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Such a device might go a long way to insuring that those stupid enough to bring less effective tools to a gun fight do not reproduce.

Ignorance is not knowing about or understanding something.

Stupidity is having the information that something can hurt you, but proceeding as if you were wearing your magic cloak of invincibility.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

lol, that thing is hilarious. First, it shines a laser pointer on the guy! Then, it makes all kinds of noise and generally freaks out! Finally – assuming the bad guy hasn't already been terrorized into a wet noodle on the floor – a full trigger pull unleashes an unstoppable fart in his general direction!

Bad guys, beware.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-01-2014 at 01:00 PM.

The diagram describes it as having an "enhanced presence".......

WTF kind of vague, euphamistic, marketing ploy is an "enhanced presence"?

Is it, somehow, "more real" than it normally would have been without the particular additional part or enhancement that a device without an "enhanced presence" would be?

Does it go Pew-Pew-Pew......?
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Be the 1st on your block to own the all new, genuine Space Cadet Pistol.

Fill in the order information and send 2 boxtops and $.75 immediately.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    They should put 2 armed midgets dressed like school children in each and every classroom .. armed with thermonuclear A-bomb briefcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Does it go Pew-Pew-Pew......?

Yeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pew-pew-pew.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	11986  
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 09-01-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

You have to wonder what the promoters were thinking ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Yeeeeeeeah!!!!!!!
    Is that lipstick on the dudes left cheek, or strawberry jelly?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Is that lipstick on the dudes left cheek, or strawberry jelly?
    He's an overweight cop...........guess.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I think every unit should come with a set of dice. (check to see how luck you are before attempting to use/your gambling with your life joke)

Enhanced presence, I think, means that the device enhances your presence to the attacker... Sort of a "look I have a g... pepper sprayer!"

Diagram also has hard and deadly force represented in their little continuum, but their device doesn't offer either of these? I don't get it? Are they wanting to put these in the hands of people that do have deadly force as an option? And how would the use of this device be a more "reasonable" response to an armed assailant? And wait, let's take a step back. A LOT of equipment already exists to allow someone to go up each step of the force continuum "reasonably," what does this device offer new to the playing field that isn't already available? Nothing? Nothing.

ALSO, "delay" an attack? DELAY an attack? "Here, take this plastic POS and go piss of the attacker so he'll have to reload and the attack will be DELAYED."

What WERE they thinking?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 09-02-2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    ... what does this device offer new to the playing field that isn't already available? ....
    But it's NEW! And SHINEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

stay safe.

* - although it does lack a rape whistle.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    lol, that thing is hilarious. First, it shines a laser pointer on the guy! Then, it makes all kinds of noise and generally freaks out! Finally – assuming the bad guy hasn't already been terrorized into a wet noodle on the floor – a full trigger pull unleashes an unstoppable fart in his general direction!

Bad guys, beware.
    marshaul I support this idea. I've seen a good fart clear a room - they can be quite effective!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    But it's NEW! And SHINEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

stay safe.

* - although it does lack a rape whistle.
    Regarding this "rape whistle" thing.... I am confused! Does it get blown to INVITE the rape or to stop it?

I've already got a side arm--- I think I'll just plan on using it if justified and appropriate! LOL
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Regarding this "rape whistle" thing.... I am confused! Does it get blown to INVITE the rape or to stop it? ....
    Yes. Definately "Yes".

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Regarding this "rape whistle" thing.... I am confused! Does it get blown to INVITE the rape or to stop it?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Yes. Definately "Yes".

stay safe.
    Not always, but sometimes a "Yes."...........except when "No."

Looks like about half of a Hi Point

Hey, a Hi-Point beats THAT POS all to heck and back any day! Not only that, it is about the same price!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky
    Well, if it is to INVITE they don't work. I've blown one many times and it got me nothing.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
    Well, if it is to INVITE they don't work. I've blown one many times and it got me nothing.
    Part of me really want's to ask "You have blown one WHAT?" but the family nature of this forum prevents me!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Pointing something that even slightly resembles a pistol, at somebody who is already armed with a real pistol, is a good way to commit "suicide by perp".
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!