Thread: Swatting is " domestic terrorism"? 15yr old given 25 to life - outrageous

Banned

Swatting is " domestic terrorism"? 15yr old given 25 to life - outrageous

Terrorism is generally defined as an act taken to change a political view.

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-swa...ign=swattingef

Defense lawyers told the courtroom that Horner, who goes by the gamertag BadAssDwg69, was upset after being repeatedly beaten by a fellow gamer at Battlefield 4. After obtaining the rival gamers information, prosecutors say Horner called police and reported a murder/hostage situation at the home. SWAT team then raided the house, shooting and critically injuring the “Livestreamer’s” father in the process. Following an investigation of the incident, Horner was charged as an adult, using provisions of the 2001 Patriot Act.

Granted the kid should be punished .. but murderers get off with less.

Its not terrorism at all as well. Now they are calling almost anything "terrorism". Either it has lost its meaning or people are too uneducated to know its meaning. I would not have found the 15 yr old guilty of terrorism.

While in China ... a kid cuts a skyscraper worker's safety rope and gets a stern talking to

A spokesman from the local fire service said the boy acted on impulse when the drilling made it difficult for him to hear his cartoons.
    His father, Tang Peng, said the boy has apologised and the family have brought Mr Liu a new rope.
    He said: ‘We also gave him a good talking too and explained what he did was very dangerous.
    ‘He has promised he will not do something similar again.’

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/29/workma...-show-4850320/
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    He should be charged for attempted murder.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    He should be charged for attempted murder.
    Maybe .. but intent would needed to be proven.

In the 'Swatting' incident, as I understand it one of the victim' fathers was killed. I think the sentence should stand. If he's good maybe he'll get parole in 8 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    In the 'Swatting' incident, as I understand it one of the victim' fathers was killed. I think the sentence should stand. If he's good maybe he'll get parole in 8 years.
    I am mainly arguing the terrorism portion ... is this terrorism? No.

HOAX.

Swatting Hoax: 15-Year-Old “Swatted” Gamer Paul Horner ‘Convicted of Domestic Terrorism; 25 Years to Life in Prison’ Article Entirely Fake.

"An article saying 15-year-old gamer “Paul Horner” was sentenced to 25-years-to-life in a federal prison is fake. The bogus piece was published on National Report, a satirical website."
    Last edited by since9; 09-01-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

99.99% of SWAT raids seem like domestic terrorism to me, regardless of who or what prompts the raid.

I saw the video of the online gamer "SWAT-ing" the other day**. I personally feel that the punishment for this should be swift and extremely harsh. Knowingly lying about a murder, posing as the murderer over the phone to summon a tactical, militarized sub-sect of the Police to attack an innocent person is psycho stuff. I'm just glad the kid didn't get shot and killed for having something in his hand that looked like a gun. This is unequivocally unacceptable.

I know the charges are a hoax, but I'm honestly really having trouble being convinced that stuff like this is not "Domestic Terrorism."

**http://fox13now.com/2014/08/28/caugh...swatting-hoax/
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

I guess your definition would depend on which side of the door you're on when the battering ram hits it, followed by a squad of armed "Ninjas" at OMG O'clock in the morning.

If real, I'd call it Terrorism.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 09-01-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

I'd call stalking ones ex wife a form of terrorism. It isn't stalking if you love her, right Doug?

More pathological psychological projection.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    hoax.

swatting hoax: 15-year-old “swatted” gamer paul horner ‘convicted of domestic terrorism; 25 years to life in prison’ article entirely fake.

"an article saying 15-year-old gamer “paul horner” was sentenced to 25-years-to-life in a federal prison is fake. The bogus piece was published on national report, a satirical website."
    doh!

While it may be a hoax, such a situation has happened and most often by liberals trying to endanger the lives of conservative persona. They started this well over a decade ago before the Patriot Act.

There is no doubt in my mind that it is done with the intent to cause harm, the very act of intentionally calling in an armed police repsonse on an innocent party is done knowing that the innocent party may well be shot in the encounter they have no reason to expect is coming (and thus would very reasonably be indignant when confronted as they were not engaged in any act to warrant the response).

Were this situation true, 25 to life is certainly reasonable. The fact that some murderers get off with less is irrelevant - they should have gotten stiff sentences as well.

Unless of course you are referring to cases where people who were defending themselves and the political winds were against them but were thankfully acquitted by a jury. Like George Zimmerman, Roderick Scott or now this cop in Ferguson, MO who shot a violent felon on his way home from work who charged at him to attack him a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    [snip]...or now this cop in Ferguson, MO who shot a violent felon* on his way home from work** who charged at him to attack him a second time***.
    I enjoyed your post until you added this bit of nonsense.

1) * No. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...cord/14041457/
    2) ** Cite?
    3) *** That's one story, but it's disingenuous to state it as fact as much as it would be disingenuous for me to state that the cop is guilty of murder.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    While it may be a hoax, such a situation has happened and most often by liberals trying to endanger the lives of conservative persona. They started this well over a decade ago before the Patriot Act.

There is no doubt in my mind that it is done with the intent to cause harm, the very act of intentionally calling in an armed police repsonse on an innocent party is done knowing that the innocent party may well be shot in the encounter they have no reason to expect is coming (and thus would very reasonably be indignant when confronted as they were not engaged in any act to warrant the response).

Were this situation true, 25 to life is certainly reasonable. The fact that some murderers get off with less is irrelevant - they should have gotten stiff sentences as well.
    True, but the situation is precisely identical to the "conservative" who calls the police down on his pot-smoking neighbor; only the parties are reversed. And we know that happens all the time.
    Last edited by marshaul; 09-01-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Any action causing the police solders to come to someone's house is unforgivable.

But "domestic terrorism" is simply a fund raising slogan. First propagated by the conservatives and now also progressives to pull the sheeple's strings.

Anything anti-establishment is "domestic terrorism". I'm sure I've been added to some domestic terrorism list when I was trying to get a phase trending around the web - "Every time a cop gets shot an angel gets her wings." Meh. It didn't catch on.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    99.99% of SWAT raids seem like domestic terrorism to me, regardless of who or what prompts the raid.

False reports.
    575.080. 1. A person commits the crime of making a false report if he knowingly:
    4. Making a false report is a class B misdemeanor.
    Not that big of a deal.

If a SWAT cop shoots a citizen as a result of their act, that is on the cop.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

(Concise Encyclopedia)
    terrorism
    noun
    Systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective.
    It has been used throughout history by political organizations of both the left and the right, by nationalist and ethnic groups, and by revolutionaries.

Just because the caller uses the PoPo as a tool to create the violence, shouldn't insulate them from the resulting terror the homeowner and family feels, or the violence that may ensue when the PoPo breaks down the door.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 09-02-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    [ ... ]noun
    Systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective.
    It has been used throughout history by political organizations of both the left and the right, by nationalist and ethnic groups, and by revolutionaries. [ ... ]
    A fine example of the dictionary fallacy. Compare and contrast: propaganda noun
    Systematic use of disinformation to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective. It has been used throughout history by political organizations of both the left and the right, by nationalist and ethnic groups, and by revolutionaries.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
    • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
    • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investig...ism-definition
    Sounds about right to me. SWAT must be sent to the ash heap of LE history.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

Not that big of a deal.

If a SWAT cop shoots a citizen as a result of their act, that is on the cop.
    "I heard someone say that they were going to cause problems"..."concerned, brainwashed citizen

"OK boys, get that MRAD out and start mowing them down! We'll blame any deaths on the person, if we ever catch the suspect."